Do Emachines T6212 support CrossFire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapingThongs

Dual X850 XT crossfire Owner?

Who has dual X850 XT in crossfire mode? or who used to have dual X850 XT in crossfire mode?

Can you tell me hows the performance? what game did you play? can you tell me the fps? also if you happend to play these games:

- Dark Messiah
- Age of Empires III: Asian Dynasties
- Time Shift 2007 demo
- Vanguard
- Zera (asia)
- Two Worlds
- Soul of the Ultimate Nation (asia)
- Rainbow Six: Lockdown

........on maximum settings can you tell me how much fps you get?

I have one X850 XT right now and planning to get another one for cheap to do crossfire. I dont mind throwing 50 dollar on a used but working X850 XT.

and can my motherboard support crossfire? it's an Emachines T6212 check here for detail http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T-Series&model=T6212

and if crossfire.... do both card must be from the same brand? I have sapphire... does my second card must be from sapphire as well? or dont have to?

I very much doubt your pc suppoerts crossfire. Even if it did your psu would most definately not.

Dude, for even considering Crossfire, you'd need two PCI-E x16 slots on your motherboard. That eMachines PC has this mobo, which doesn't have a second PCI-E x16 slot. So you can't go Crossfire even if you wanted to.

Why would you want to CX that card anyway. You can spend 100 bucks on a card and get better performance than those things.

I wouldn't be so sure of that supersmashbrada. The X850XT is still a powerhouse performer with its 16 pixel pipelines and 256-bit memory interface and is able to deliver power roughly equal to that of a 7900GT, which is a current-gen card.

But everyone is forgetting one thing. Emachine + power hungry graphics card = smoking psu.

LOL you already mentioned it before. And it's a no-brainer anyways for anyone who's been on the forums for long. ;)

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
I wouldn't be so sure of that supersmashbrada. The X850XT is still a powerhouse performer with its 16 pixel pipelines and 256-bit memory interface and is able to deliver power roughly equal to that of a 7900GT, which is a current-gen card.

I guess my point was that if he didnt have 2xpci-e then crossfire can be enabled to run at 4x4x or 8x8x. Lawls I just noticed the post about emachines and smoking psu's. I've seen that scenario before.

emachines smoking psu? haha absolutely true. After I purchase the emachine the stock psu that came with it named Bestec fried up after less than 2 or 4 month of purchase! It got fried right in front of me! I was seeing it in live! white smoking swirling out! I was panic like hell! all the sudden the computer just went poof! shut down itself.... and it smell like something burning!

Luckily it everything works fine afte rI buy a new psu named Ultra V-series 350watt.

Inside the Emachine now has:

- AMD Athlon64 3200+ winchester
- 160gb 7200rpm, 2mb cache (noticible slow)
- 1.5gb ram
- X850XT pci-express
- basic soundblaster live! 24bit sound card
- spider webs + dust
- 350watt Ultra V-series psu

Emachine uses super cheap components.... I knew that but yet I bought it! but atleast it is better than over-priced dell that has malfunction disc drive and deeeeeeeed or eaaaaaaaaaaddddd sound of lose ram or something and their Ultrasharp LCD is messed up! black out randomly.... called for replacement.... gave refurbish! came... and now new problem occur... too bright! even set the screen everythong like the original and still too bright! its like all you see is whiteness! and if you go to sites... you cant even see a thing! example.... like hotmail... you cant even see the bar where you type in the login screen and stuff! called for another replacement..... and yeha another refubish... and again same problem! too bright!!!! tired of of dealing with it so just kept it.

Anyway... yeah thats right x850xt still kicks!!!! speed-wise faster than 7600gs or 7600gt! faster than x1650xt! the only down side is that it dont support shader 3.0!! but anyway i dont regret that I bought it.... since at the time and currently the games I play dont us shader 3.0.... mostly I only play koreans traditional grind festival free2play mmorpgs and sometimes unreal tournament 2004, sin episode emergeance, dreamfall and thats about it.... oh and dark messiah but not high frame rate... like around 22-40 but absolutely playable at max settings! however I want it to be more frame rates.

I am thinking to obtain another x850xt..... willing to throw about 50 dollar on a used but wokring x850xt to crossfire it and boost up performance for dark messiah. dual X850XT! think about it! If I have it... I will have the most top of the line card for yesterdays tech! i eman it is not the x850xt pe but still it is still concider top dawg! I just want to experience dual x850xt in crossfire mode.... and ofcourse ill upgrade and spin mor emoney on a new gen card.... ill probly wait for x2950xtx if it ever come out... and I must upgrade to new gen card anyway to be able to play Aion! the upcoming mmorpg! best of the best! Aion!!

ok.... now I am very sad to hear that my mobo dont support crossfire! dammm I was like for sure that im going crossfire on x850xt! well thanks for the help and thanks for reading veyr apreciated. Ill just wait to upgrade for a real enhancement new gen card at one time.... 2950xtx if it ever come out... and i must buy ne wgen car danyway for Aion and oh yeah unreal tournament 3! and crysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back