Do I have to upgrade Graphics Card only or the whole Mobo + Graphics Card

I have a desktop system which is quite old. But it was quite decent to play some of the games infact still now there is not any issues in it.

Recently some of the new games stopped working in my desktop. Tekken 7 for example gave me an error which says "graphics card doesn't meet minimum requirements". I dont have quite a powerful graphics card in my system that may be the reason. But surprisingly the same game worked on my office's desktop which was Dell Optiplex 3040 with no graphics card and i5 processor.

Here is the snap of my system...
ECBKEwp.png

Do I need to upgrade the graphics card only or the whole system. If possible I would like to spend my whole budget for decent graphics card if upgrading only it can solve the issue...

I would upgrade the whole system personally. You would be bottle necking any new GPU pretty badly having only a dual core low clock speed CPU.

Also, your power supply is a very important factor as to what graphics card you can put in your system.

Modern games seem to generally require quad-core >3Ghz (might scrape by on 4 threads if frequency >3.4 Ghz).

8 GB RAM is good.

I have had some good results with used CPUs after carefully vetting the vendor. You might want to check the 'qualified vendor list' for your motherboard and then search eBay for Core2 quads that will work.

Uncertain - I would guess your PCIe slot is v2 or maybe even not that. Your selected GPU may not run well. I am using a GTX 1050Ti on a PCI-e v2 slot and am happy with that. Since this card uses less than 75 watts, it is powered by the motherboard slot and needs no additional connectors.

Requirements (not just minimum) for Tekken7 per Steam are:

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5 GHz or equivalent
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 equivalent or higher
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 60 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset
So a best play (solid 60fps) would need 3.5 Ghz quad core and the more powerful GTX1060

I'm also confused are the video card is not listed and you didn't and you also did not mention which card.

However, I would scratch the whole build and get something more recent. the i5 2400 systems with a $120 video card should let you game at 1080p just fine.

Back