Do not purchase a CyberPower PC

EDO219

Unfortunately, I did. To buy the components from Newegg would have only saved me $70 so I didn't think it was worth my time to build it myself. Oh how naive! Monday, I will be returning it for a full refund.

• Upon arrival, the case fans were not even hooked up.
  • The first bootup informed me that Windows was not shut down properly last time.
  • Generic drivers were installed and Windows 7 had not been updated at all.
  • I paid $130.00 for Win 7 Pro, yet was only given a generic CyberPower disk. Thus, a true clean install is impossible.
  • Only the mo-bo came with any documentation. For all I know, my video cards are refurbished.
  • The liquid cooling hoses are ZIP-TIED, not clamped. Condensation abounds.
  • The front USB, audio, and eSATA ports were not plugged in!!! As it turned out, they used wires that were far too short and the connectors will not even reach the front ports. Seriously. Instead of re-running the wires (which are super-glued to the case, btw) they simply glued the end of the cables to the case. That way, the customer would not hear the unconnected cable rattle around. This proves that they knew the front ports were not connected and tried to cover up their horrible craftsmanship.
  • The rear of the mo-bo is missing all clips and mounts to the case. Oh yes, the rear ports depress back into the case with the slightest of pressure.
  • The 3 year warranty is a lie. Apparently a horde of small print goes on to detail that you get 3 years of free labor, but only 1 year of free parts replacement. That was the absolute main reason I purchased this PC.

It is not without irony that CyberPower claimed to have spent 3 days doing quality assurance testing. They took every opportunity to save a penny. even screws.

It seems the old phrase still rings true ... if you want something done right, then you must do it yourself. lol

You can't compare self built PC's to manufacture built PC's of course, thats silly.
A mere $70 is a d@mn good price, even if they weren't perfect with construction. I would certainly recommend cyberpower over dell/hp/emachine...
You should't be asking for an expensive high end build off them anyway.

You probably could have extended that 70 dollar figure to around, say, 150, if you were willing to take you time and wait for the parts you wanted to go on sale.

As to the restore discs, a Windows OEM license requires that the drive be imaged. True enough, that copies bought buy home builders don't normally get that treatment, but that's sort of a "shush" issue. You still have to provide your own support.

The warranty issue is really laughable, since many of the parts that you would have purchased, would have at least three years replacement. With that being said, I sincerely doubt if you'll be willing to pack up your precious PC, then ship it back for warranty repair, should that become necessary anyway.

As to the issue of "assembling" the computer, (notice I didn't say, "build"), that's pretty much something to do on a Saturday night. Don't overestimate the value of your labor. The majority of this project could be accomplished in about 4 hours, thus you'd be paying yourself about $17.50 an hour anyway.....

PYGMUS

The issues that were listed were already addressed and clarified. Options were offered but since there were too many issue to correct for your satisfaction a refund was opted. As requested the RMA was already setup and will processing once the product is returned to our facilities. For updates regarding your RMA, you can contact our technical support again.

Writing this on a Cyberpower PC and have absolutely no complaints. They give instructions to check for cables unplugged due to shipping, etc. Plugged mine in, it booted immediately. It was cheaper to purchase from Cyberpower then to buy the same components from Newegg or Tiger. I saved over $150. Sales and service ( I called about some docs. ) were excellent and was delivered on the specified time.
Just my two cents worth.

Well Mr. Gilbert, Welcome to Techspot. I'd like to congratulate you on sharing your enthusiasm toward, conviction about, & experiences with,"Cyberpower" computers.

However, this thread is officially 3 years old, which renders the point of it, at best, somewhat moot.

Back