Do we really need Portable Computing Board?

By poertner_1274
Feb 19, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. I was just curious if we really needed to have the portable computing board. It doesn't seem to be getting much use. And I think if people had questions about them, they could post them in Alternative OS, being that Palms and such use the Palm OS. Maybe we could incoroporate that in there somehow. Just an idea of course.
  2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

I see where you are going with this, but in my opinion the new sections are diverse enough.... but perhaps you are right.
  3. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,508   +81

Reducing number of forums....

Did you understand him correctly Phantasm.
    He is suggesting the removal of the Portable forum.
    This would not increase the diversity of the forums... ;)
  4. DogStar

DogStar Newcomer, in training Posts: 142

E'en tho it may not get much use it must still be viable.
    Many of us may not use portable computing(pc 4 short--how weird) but those that do I think would find it easier than searching forums for their answers.
    It is only early days yet.:)
    Just my thoughts
  5. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

Re: Reducing number of forums....

Sorry... I must have been asleep. I thought he meant a forum section like "The OS Battle" , etc...

I should be sneaking more looks through the forums at work and not last thing at night!!

I shall READ properly next time....;) :)
  6. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,508   +81

I agree that it is a bit soon to be cutting back on forums.
    Plus the portable computing forum does include all portable computer related device so I think it will get more traffic over time. ;)
  7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,287   +225

Palms aren't the only portable computing devices. Laptops are too. :chef:
  8. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Topic Starter Posts: 4,745

I agree with you. I only brought it up to see what everyone's opinions of it were. That is all, I don't mind it being there.

And yes SNGX1275, I did forget about Laptops, so I guess it is good to have it there if someone did happen to have a problem with their laptop. Good point:grinthumb
  9. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,327

If Portable were to go then I'd like to see Video & Audio seperated.
  10. uncleel

uncleel Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,145

all portable computer related devices

"all portable computer related devices..." In addition to laps & palms; text messaging, web enabled phones, & wireless email BlackBerry™ are all the buzz right now.

Julio has taken 3DS up to the next level w/ Vb, so we can't afford to become complacent.
  11. ToRN

ToRN Newcomer, in training Posts: 189

How can we know, we never had one! Let this thing [evil voice] - EVOLVE - [/evil voice] and see if it is needed. Maybe the fact of having one will stimulate it's postcount.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.