Do we really need Portable Computing Board?

poertner_1274

I was just curious if we really needed to have the portable computing board. It doesn't seem to be getting much use. And I think if people had questions about them, they could post them in Alternative OS, being that Palms and such use the Palm OS. Maybe we could incoroporate that in there somehow. Just an idea of course.

I see where you are going with this, but in my opinion the new sections are diverse enough.... but perhaps you are right.

Reducing number of forums....

Did you understand him correctly Phantasm.
He is suggesting the removal of the Portable forum.
This would not increase the diversity of the forums... ;)

E'en tho it may not get much use it must still be viable.
Many of us may not use portable computing(pc 4 short--how weird) but those that do I think would find it easier than searching forums for their answers.
It is only early days yet.:)
Just my thoughts

Re: Reducing number of forums....

Originally posted by Arris
Did you understand him correctly Phantasm.
He is suggesting the removal of the Portable forum.
This would not increase the diversity of the forums... ;)

Sorry... I must have been asleep. I thought he meant a forum section like "The OS Battle" , etc...

I should be sneaking more looks through the forums at work and not last thing at night!!

I shall READ properly next time....;) :)

Originally posted by DogStar
E'en tho it may not get much use it must still be viable.
Many of us may not use portable computing(pc 4 short--how weird) but those that do I think would find it easier than searching forums for their answers.
It is only early days yet.:)
Just my thoughts

I agree that it is a bit soon to be cutting back on forums.
Plus the portable computing forum does include all portable computer related device so I think it will get more traffic over time. ;)

Originally posted by poertner_1274
I was just curious if we really needed to have the portable computing board. It doesn't seem to be getting much use. And I think if people had questions about them, they could post them in Alternative OS, being that Palms and such use the Palm OS. Maybe we could incoroporate that in there somehow. Just an idea of course.
Palms aren't the only portable computing devices. Laptops are too. :chef:

I agree that it is a bit soon to be cutting back on forums.
Plus the portable computing forum does include all portable computer related device so I think it will get more traffic over time. ;)

I agree with you. I only brought it up to see what everyone's opinions of it were. That is all, I don't mind it being there.

And yes SNGX1275, I did forget about Laptops, so I guess it is good to have it there if someone did happen to have a problem with their laptop. Good point:grinthumb

all portable computer related devices

I think it will get more traffic over time.
"all portable computer related devices..." In addition to laps & palms; text messaging, web enabled phones, & wireless email BlackBerry™ are all the buzz right now.

Julio has taken 3DS up to the next level w/ Vb, so we can't afford to become complacent.

How can we know, we never had one! Let this thing [evil voice] - EVOLVE - [/evil voice] and see if it is needed. Maybe the fact of having one will stimulate it's postcount.

Back