TechSpot

Do you Newegg? We're Here To Help!

By Newegg_Support
Jan 17, 2006
  1. Greetings TechSpot Forum Members and Loyal Newegg Patrons!

Newegg's here and ready to help! If anyone needs assistance or has any inquiries, please feel free to send us a Private Message. To better assist you, we humbly request that you include a Sales Order Number (SO#), RMA number, Invoice Number, etc., anything to help identify your Newegg account. On a side note, because we care about your security, please try not to provide us with any personal identifying or payment information. Thanks!

We look forward to providing everyone with the finest customer service that Newegg is best known for!

Sincerely,

Newegg Support

www.newegg.com
    --"Once you know, You Newegg!"

2. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,077

nice welcome abord newegg support :bounce: :bounce:

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

That is great. Welcom aboard Newegg_Support!! That is one reason I"ve always shopped at newegg, very friendly and helpful if something comes up. See you guys 'round.

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

4. hewybo

hewybo TS Maniac Posts: 435

Hey Dere!

If I get really, really effusive in my praise of all things Newegg, can I have a free shopping spree? I think I've paid your rent over the last couple of months! Gladly, though- great site, great service, great prices, IMHO.

Welcome, Welcome!!! :hotbounce :wave:

5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

Just in case you were wondering, this is a legit Newegg rep. coming to our site for feedback and to be of any assistance needed, enjoy!

6. hewybo

??

(pssssst!) He seems to have ignored my request for a free shopping spree. :confused:

7. Newegg_Support

Newegg_Support TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

Glad to be here...

Thank you all for your warm welcome and positive comments, and appreciate your assistance as well, Julio.

As Julio stated, we are here to assist in any situation you may have come across with us. We're glad to be here for you guys, and look forward to any assistance we can provide.

In addition, it was a nice try, "hewybo". I applaud your effort...it never hurts to ask! ;)

Sincerely,

Newegg Customer Support

www.Newegg.com
    -"Once you know, you Newegg!"

8. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello Newegg_Support and welcome to Techspot.

I must admit I did wonder if this was legit. :blush:

Thanks to Julio for the heads-up.

It`s good to have you onboard Newegg_Support.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

9. swker98

same here, it could have been a scammer OUT TO GET OUR SO# AND HIJACK OUR ACCOUNT!!!!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

well again glad to have you here newegg support

10. Newegg_Support

Security is great...

So true, swker98, so true...

Yes, we agree that this can happen quite often, especially in formus such as these, and are glad of the measures Julio and the team @ TechSpot has taken to verify our validity. Security means a lot to us, especially as an e-commerce business, and we appreciate being here to help you guys out.

I look forward to assisting you guys (and gals), and glad to be aboard! :D

Sincerely,

Newegg Customer Support

www.newegg.com
    -"Once you know, you Newegg!"

11. Toad`

Toad` TS Rookie Posts: 40

i <3 newegg... my slogan is:

"I don't know, I just Newegg!"
    LOL

12. swker98

a suggestion to newegg support, insted of having to type once you know your newegg and sencerly newegg support, you can put it in your signiture

go to user profile -> edit signiture
    and put it in

13. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 462

I love the egg! Realy like that web site, it's got to be the best in the world. Don't like the new changes I seen today, but I'll have to just get used to it.

14. JimShady23

JimShady23 TS Maniac Posts: 373

Hey Newegg

Fancy seeing you here...lets say the service and support is top notch...great job.

However I do have a question. I have been looking around Newegg.com and seen a couple dual gpu vga cards that have taken my fancy. Preferably the 7800 gt or 6800gt well depending on the buget could be the 6600gt... in the dual gpu format. But to my dismay the reviewers of said cards cant seem to make up their minds if the cards work only on specific motherboards or any run of the mill.

I have a Abit AN8 Utra socket 939 (non sli) motherboard and yeah I must say i did boycott the SLI thing hense why I got a single pci-e board. (Didnt really think there was a need for sli and that it was a marketing scheme to make people with too much money be better then the next guy.) But when I seen 2 GPU's on a card i thought that made a little more scense.

But anyways before i get all political and stuff I just want to know if there have been any conflicts with the dual gpu vga cards not working on any specific motherboards. Your customer reviews had mixed comments about both cores and memory sets not registering.

Just wanted to get some feedback before i make a purchase.

thanks

15. Toad`

no offense, but i think that newegg_support is more of a support to newegg issues, problems, and questions, not a hardware tech, correct me if im wrong anyone

16. JimShady23

JimShady23 TS Maniac Posts: 373

Ok

Well hey sorry didnt know. Anyone else got an idea.....I only asked to begin with because on newegg.com there are a lot of mixed reviews about the line of product I am interested in. Just want to get a strait answer.

17. Toad`

maybe starting a new thread in the hardware section of the forums might be a good idea? more ppl prolly would see your probem and you would have a better chance of getting ur questions answered =P :grinthumb

18. Newegg_Support

You've got the right idea, and your heart is in the right place, JimShady23, but I'm afraid Toad` is correct. We here at Newegg are not certified to offer any type of technical or compatibility support on the numerous items we sell, yet are here in this forum to offer assistance in any issues or problems people may have encountered.

However, I agree with Toad`'s suggestion in posting a new thread on that topic. It seems that you can get some great advice from these TechSpot Forum members, and a little advice can go along way...

Speaking of which...thanks for the advice, swker98! My typin' fingers appreciate it! ;)

19. hewybo

Congrats!!

Hey, Newegg guy! (lady?) Congrats on once again bein voted the very best by Computer Shopper! Youse guys deserve it, and many, many of us thank you!

KUDUS! :grinthumb :grinthumb

20. Newegg_Support

A little praise goes a long way...

Hey hewybo, thanks for the continued praise, and the welcomed 'shout-out'! *polite bow* -hehehe

We thank all of you as well! Just remember, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys out there and the continued support we continue to receive...you guys put us where we are; we just do our job the best we can, and appreciate our customer's concerns.

We are always here when needed, and now, we're just a PM away! ;) Thanks again...

21. olamoree

olamoree TS Rookie

KingMax did me dirt....

Nice to see a "political" rep from NewEgg. Some years ago when KingMax was hustling up customers, I bought two sticks (256 each) of their new TinyBAG chipped memory. They failed, I RMAed them to the Dealer who said they had to send them to Korea for replacement. Several months dragged by, the Dealer vanished and reappeared as "Another Company", but worse, KingMax Korea, after acknowledging the arrival of my sticks and informing me that they would be returned to me via the Dealer, subsequently failed to respond to my numerous emails and my sticks disappeared along with my money, $100+ at the time.

Then more recently, I was surprised to see NewEgg carrying their line, especially "Refurbished" sticks that COULD BE MINE! and wrote a note to NewEgg where I am a customer, to the effect that I thought it unseemingly to be dealing with KingMax in light of their treatment of customers (I couldn't possibly be the only one ripped off!) and NewEgg responded that "the proper persons have been informed of my problem with KingMax" yet there STILL is no reply to my emails to KingMax..... and my sticks have never appeared nor been subsequently acknowledged.

I understand that NewEgg has "economical clout" with KingMax, but little ol me as a customer has not, except as a customer "thru" NewEgg, but NewEgg didn't handle KingMax at the time.....

So should I be wary of NewEgg as a dealer of KingMax? Would NewEgg have inquired with the BBB about KingMax before representing their line of memory? So now I use Mushkin and never had a problem..... from NewEgg, of course.

Ali

22. Mirob

:grinthumb If you had bought form the EGG, you would not have the problem. I just hate their 15% restocking fee.:unch:

23. hewybo

business

All in all, I'd say that a business that refunds/replaces ANY opened electronic parts is pretty dang good, even WITH the re-stocking fee. I'm old, and for many,many years, in my experience, it was a standard that there would be "NO returns on electronic merchandise." Small price to pay, I think. :)

24. Mirob

I agree, but if you buy a defective part it's just wrong to have to pay more, and more.

25. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 966

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Hey when do I get to drive "Da Big Bus"?????
    [​IMG]

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.