TechSpot

Dodgy voltages

By mrbad
Jan 9, 2006
  1. PCAlert4 (a monitoring program) says under 3.3V where the value should be somewhere between 2.5 and 4.5V that I have 1.49V. I know that this cant be a good thing as it is flashing in red writing. Could someone give me an idea as to what this means. From time to time i experience random crashes and I think that it could have something to do with my voltage problem.

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me in any way.

2. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,221

download a program called Everst or Hmonitor and confirm the voltage reading first. 3.3V rail is used mostly by the CPU so 1.49V is not good. I would recommend confirming this reading ASAP and if it is true turn off the PC until you replace the PSU.

3. mrbad

mrbad TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for quick reply, I downloaded the programs that you recommended and Everest says that my 3.3V is at 3.3 and the AGP value reads 1.49V instead.
    Hmonitor says its my I/O that is 1.49V. It also highlights my core voltage in red which is at 1.66V.
    I shall try sticking in a different PSU sometime when I have time to see if that solves my problem.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.