Does any body know how to install the microsft default agp driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisserprostyler

My mobo is an acorp 4pm800mnl, and I installed the 4 in 1 via hyperion drivers with service pack 2 installed, and its giving me alot of problems.
I went to the acorp's web page and they say that i gotta have the microsoft default agp driver but before installing sp2.Do I have to reinstall windows or just reinstall sp2 so that i can get the right driver?

Not quite following what you mean.

Can you give a link to the info you found on acorps website?

If you still have the .exe file that you used to install the 4in1 package, double click it again, and choose "normal" installation instead of "quick".

This should give you the option of UNINSTALLING parts of the 4in1 package. Use this to uninstall the AGP driver.

If no you longer have the .exe, you should be able to do the same thing by going into your add/remove programs section, and uninstalling from there. If it'll ONLY let you uninstall the entire 4in1, I would do it, and reinstall but this time UNCHECKING the AGP drivers before installation.

It took me a while to do this, but i finally repaired my windows installation (cause it didn't give me the option to repair ,it marked as installed when I tried to)and installed win xp sp2 after, but my comp is still crashing, I dont know if it's an overheating problem (I tried what you told me,open the case and put it in front of a fan,but nothing changed)or if it's my power supply,if thats the case ,what kind of power supply should i get?

"Does any body know how to install the Microsoft default agp driver?"

I am not in front of an XP machine at the moment but;
Under "Device Manager " "System" you should see "CPU to AGP controller."
If the VIA driver is still installed it will say "VIA CPU to AGP controller."
This is the driver you need to change.
Click on update driver, Specify location, List compatible hardware.

You should check the documentation for your motherboard to see what AGP standard it complies with. AGP 1.0, 2.0, 3.0,.

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.aspx?catid=54&threadid=68779&enterthread=y
"The latest Universal AGP driver provided by Microsoft as of SP2 is named UAGP35.sys and seems to be very stable"

You'll get this same error if you try to install a 64-bit driver on a 32-bit system. Make sure you downloaded the right one, just to be sure it isn't a silly mistake. :).

Thanks everyone for their help but i tried to install it the way they told me to in the via arena forums and it still says via cpu to agp controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back