Does any one know if you can send a mp3 to your cell phone?

Grr_San_jose_Ca

I got a new phone and i have a media player on it but i dont have any songs is their any way to send a song from your pc to your cell phone?

Either with InfraRed, Bluetooth or with a phone cable that hooks up to your USB port.

Some phones have a Mini SD card to transfer and store files. SOme need a data transfer cable that attaches to the phone and the usb port on your computer, but some phone companis lock there phones so you can't add ringtones unless you download them from the company.

What brand phone? if you have web enabled there are some sites that let you pick a ringtone and send it to your phone. there are also some programs that let you load or even create your own ringtones from songs. RingTone Media Studio from BVRP is one of the best.

Didou said:
Either with InfraRed, Bluetooth or with a phone cable that hooks up to your USB port.

I have infrared and bluetooth but i really dont know how to use either what do you do with the infrared and bluetooth?

iss said:
What brand phone? if you have web enabled there are some sites that let you pick a ringtone and send it to your phone. there are also some programs that let you load or even create your own ringtones from songs. RingTone Media Studio from BVRP is one of the best.
its a sonyericsson Z520a but i want to put in some music that i have because they dont have the songs i want or their just like 10 seconds long

as far as I know, Verizon wireless is the only carrier that locks their phones (to force you to pay their greedy ***es ;)). but even they will still let you load the MP3s onto your phone, you just can't use them as ringtones (unless you hack your phone).

as far as the infared and bluetooth are concerned. bluetooth in cellphones is often only usuable for headsets and not file transfer. infared is however only for file transfer on a phone. your PC itself must also have Bluetooth or infared adapters as well. have you read your phone's manual to find out how to use them?

This will only work providing the media player supports mp3.

This can be done using a usb cable or infrared/bluetooth.

You will need to purchase either of these.

Regards,

Korrupt

korrupt said:
This can be done using a usb cable or infrared/bluetooth.

You will need to purchase either of these
that all depends on the carrier, they decide what functions the phone will or won't support, not the phone manufacturer.

carriers like verizon wireless cripple all their phones so that you have to pay them to use certain features. if they allow you to upload songs for free onto your phone, then they don't make as much money off you.

the level of greed that these companies have is sad, but unfortunetly it's reality.

if you're lucky and use a carrier that does not try to force you into paying them for every little thing... then keep them!

i think cingular is pretty good about actually letting you use all of the features that the phone was designed to have, so i think you'll be fine

good luck :)

I have cingular and I make my own ring tones and place them on my phone via bluetooth. You should have no problem with the hardware you listed.

Back