does anybody know how to configure Linksys router Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

techuser

I have Linksys Wireless-G broadband router >model # WRT54G at work.
I am trying to configure it for remotely working from home by installing TightVNC Server at work and Viewer at home.

I have Windows 2000 Pro at work and XP Home edition at home.

I did go to 192.168.x.x via IE.
But then I didn't know how to open the port 5900+N on the router... for my computer to connect from home to work.
After opening port on the router ...what else do i need to do to be able to see my work computer.
I tried earlier to connect to work computer after installing the respective Software ..but I think I was missing router configs.

I am new to tech industry...and I have been getting valueable help from members/users of this site. Can somebody advise me...what to do?????????
Thanks

You need to look for a setting called "port forwarding" or "virtual server" or something similar. Then you need to enter the port number, protocol type (5900 and TCP in your case) and the local IP of your work computer.

In order to connect you tell your VNC viewer to connect to the external IP of your work router (you can see it in the router setup or when you go to www.whatismyip.com from your work PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back