Does anybody knows this card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning to buy a GPU, nothing too fancy, actually I was thinking on a GeForce 8500GT, but then I find the Diamond Viper ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO (OVERCLOCKED 512MB PCIE GDDR2) Video Card:
Product Features
PCI Express x-16
Radeon HD 2600 PRO OC with 600 MHz clock and 512 MB of 128 Bit-GDDR2 Memory
1 GHz effective memory speed
Dual DVI and HDTV Support
Optimized for Windows Vista with Direct X 10 support
Technical Details
GPU/VPU: RADEON HD 2600 Pro
RAMDAC: Dual 400 MHz
Fill Rate per Second: 14.4 Billion pixels
Additional Features: Vista Ready
Additional Features: HDCP Enabled
Additional Features: CrossFire Ready
Additional Features: HDTV Ready
Additional Features: OpenGL 2.0
Additional Features: DirectX 10
Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (HDTV - 1080i)
Maximum Resolution: 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz (Analog)
Video Memory: 512MB
Memory Type: DDR2
Core Clock: 600 MHz
Memory Bus: 128-bit
Memory Clock: 800 MHz

I've been researching on the web but i coudnt find any review nor even an opinion about this video card. It seems to be a quite nice, and it is a little bit expensive than the 8500GT. Actually I won't need something that powerfull, because I am not a gamer, I only will use it for watching DVD's, so maybe I'm exaggerating and you can recommed me something more adequated for my needs. I'm plannig to use it on a P5KC or a P35C mother board (+ E4300 + 2GB RAM).

Thanks in advance

The only thing you need to beware of is an occasional problem with ATi cards and some makes of motherboards. Check the forums for the card to find reports about ATi compatibility.

Thanks Albert, but I'm afraid it is a little bit out of my budget, also I've just read that this GPUs won't be compatibles with the DirectX10.1 so I'm thinking in buying a very simple GPU at this moment and replace it in a future with a GPU DirectX 10.1 support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back