Does anyone think this build is ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link goes to an empty cart. You can individually link everything or just type in what you are getting. Also let us know what you plan to use it for.

Looks fine, though you will want to examine the power supply that comes with the case. Usually combos have pretty crappy psu's. You will want to look and see how mays amps it has on the 12 volt rail(s). 30+ would be good. Some folks may say go with the newer Intel Core 2 Duo setup, but if you are at your budget limit then what you have will be fine. What video card do you have and how much ram do you have?

I have a sapphire x800xl and a gig of ram,i also have a 450 antec psu which i may swap for the one in the case. Its pretty new but i think its only 25v on 12 volt. Im going to upgrade to 2 x some ati card during the summer as well.

The antec psu will be better than the Raidmax that comes with the case. If you are going to go dual cars, you should consider a good 600W when you put the new card(s) in.

What are the specs of the ram you plan on using in there? Is it 184pin DDR PC3200?

Also, is your X800XL the pci-express x16 or the AGP version?

Last but not least, don't bother with that Raidmax PSU. They are dangerous plain and simple.

Yep thats right for the ram. The x800 is the pci-e version. I thought the antec might have been better,i haven't realy heard of raidmax before so want sure about how good the psu would be.

Cheers guys,much obliged.

nickslick74 said:
The antec psu will be better than the Raidmax that comes with the case. If you are going to go dual cars, you should consider a good 600W when you put the new card(s) in.
WOW you're gonna need a hell load more than 600 watts if you wanna run 2 CARS off of the power supply... maybe like 10000 watts :p

Raidmax is a rubbish PSU company. The Antec one is much more reliable. For SLI/Crossfire, a 550-700W PSU will be needed, depending on which cards you are going to pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back