Does CpuIdle Extreme V. 7.0. really works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklogus

Hi all !

I have just found, over the net, one software which is (or would be) able to lower the temps of the CPU by some degrees. It is called CpuIdle Extreme, version 7.0.4.

Well, I live in Brazil, and I got used to play heavy racing games almost daily; and, now, we have summer here (35oC of average ambient temps). So, even using Zalman ALCU cooler in my PC, sometimes, after 01 hour running these games, the CPU temps reach around 65oC or even a bit more... It would be great to get lower temps when under "heavy work", and it's what this software promise...

So, just would like to hear some opinions from who have already tried it... I do not believe in miracle (related to "PC" matters), so, the logic says me that this software must manages to "steps down" the CPU, in order to get its temps a bit lower. If it is true, wouldn't it be counter productive when playing heavy games (worse FPS)?... Is it safe to install it? (It seems that this specific utilitarian is spyware free...). Does it worth to try it?

Many questions, and I need your help...

Any additional information would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any hint!

yes it deffinitely works, and is completely safe.

When you need to use most of your cpu, Cpuidle stops working. However, when your cpu has some free cycles left, then cpuidle uses those cycles to cool the cpu down.

Typically it will reduce your idle temps by around 10 degrees C.

Don`t ask me how it works, cause I don`t know.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for your opinion, howard_hopkinso!

Unfortunatelly, it will not work when I will be playing games, that is the critical time for me (my Idle CPU temps are fine - around 39C & 40C - even in this summer...).

Anyway, txs a lot for your attention, buddy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back