Does nvidia 8800 make a differance overall system wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

Well im not really a gamer but i have a awsome pc running vista core 2 duo and 7600 gt but im getting a 8800 for free from my friend so i might as well take it.so my question is does the nvidia 8800 gt 640 mb make a the system run better overall?any info will be great thanks

Since your getting it for free (must be some friend) you'll see the improvement provided your psu can handle it. It uses alot more power than the 7600gt. If you were buying one and not really a gamer the 320mb is a better deal unless your using a display 22"+ and higher resolutions. That's where the 640mb really is worth it.

Wow, must be quite the friend to give it for free...

Yes, it does improve overall system speed, however, since you're not a gamer, it might not do as much as overclocking your CPU or getting a faster one.

But since it's free, might as well take it as it's worth somewhere in the range of $400.

hmmm

Well concidering nvidia is releasing some sort of software in the future that uses the geforce 8 video cards for CPU tasks, I guess you could say yes, it will boost your overall performance for just about everything, but for now you will see only a major performance jump in games. And by the does your friend need more friends ? :D

well right now i love my pc its perfect specs are...

nvidia 7600 gs 256 mb

core 2 duo e6700

4 gig ram

3 hard drives 300 gigs,250,250 serial ata..

550 watt psu

xfi extreme music card..

dvd drive.

dvd rw combo drive..

logitech z5500s

windows vista home prem

other than that the only downside of my pc thats getting to me is my video card.

what he did was buy it from circut city and told them he never got it and a new one is on its way this week which is mines =x...

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/rudebwoyx/P4190343.jpg

^^ pic of my stuff if you guys want to see.

So why ask the question? You could of just posted your picture and been done with it.
Going from a card with a 128bit memory interface to one with a 320bit interface with 4GB of ram???
Don't insult my intelligence.

BTW: Did you open up another slot so it will fit? re: yesterday's post
32bit OS with 4GB of ram will only show 2.5-3.25GB FYI re: yesterday's other post

yea ill be taking out my capture card since i don't use it and shift everything else down 1 so it will have room for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back