Does the EVGA 680ISLI MOBO support the 8800GT

By Myzz617
Dec 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys and gals,

I bought this mobo back in July and have not used it yet. It's the A1 680ISLI and I am not sure if It supports the new PCI 2.0 interface. Any suggestions/Answers???

THX
  2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

The 8800GT should be a PCI-e x16 interface, so as long as the mobo has that then you'll be fine.

Basically everything you can get these days has PCI-e x16 on it so it will most likely be ok ;)

If you're not sure, google for pictures and compare what you have on the board.
  3. Myzz617

Myzz617 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 382

Yea your right dave but the 8800GT has a PCI-e 2.0 x16 interface. The pic of the Card looks like it would be fine with my mobo but the whole new PCI-E 2.0 specification confuses me a smudge lol.

I dont want to buy a card that my current mobo does not support.:(
  4. too many people are getting screwed up by the 2.0 bullcrap.

it uses the same slot. the 2.0 is just a reference the amount of power being consumed and the amount of information being transported. a 2.0 card will work just fine in a pci-e 16x slot.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.