Does this cable exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooHellfire

Okay, I just ordered a Viewsonic VA1912wb widescreen LCD 19" monitor and it has two inputs. Obiviously I'm going to use the DVI connector to connect to my PC. I, unfortunately, only have a BFG GeForce FX 5700 Ultra, but one thing at a time. The monitor has two connections. One DVI and one VGA. I'm trying to find a cable or converter box to convert a standar Coax cable connection out of my Dish Network receiver to the VGA connector on the back of the monitor. Does anyone know if such an animal exists and if so, where I might find one? Any help would be appreciated. I'm doing this to try to bypass the tv card I have in my PC and see if I can get a better picture this way. Thanks in advance!

No but you might be better off buying a satellite CAM module, the WinTV-NEXUS-S is a good option. Then you can buy a 1 to 2 satellite coax divider, and then hook the computer to the same dish. I know its a bit of a long way round but as far as Im aware there is no adapter for converting a satellite OUT to VGA In. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back