Does this mean my MOBO is fried? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzuydoan

hello everyone....

ahh, the classic situation of PC not turning on.

so here's the scoop. i have:

asus p4pe, intel p4...

i turned off my computer last ngiht and all was swell. come today, the thing doesn't turn on.

i have a antec true power 2.0 power supply which is less than a year old. the green LED was flickering so the first thing i did was swap out with my old power supply. still, nothing. then i borrowed someone elses old PSU, still won't turn on.

the green LED is full brightness with each test, and yet it does not turn on.

currently i have EVERYTHING disconnected from the MOBO, including ram, vid card, etc.... the only things connected are:
4 pin ATX 12v power plug
the main power connecter (atxpower connecter)
and the reset power switch.

this should at least start up the cpu no?

is my motherboard fried? but the LED is green so should it turn on?!

if anyone has any ideas on things i should try, diagnostics, or anything please let me know. i sure could use the help.

thanks!

The LED is simply an indicator that there is an electrical current running to the MOBO, as its on it would seem ur PSUs r fine. It is most likely a problem with the mobo. Do you hear any beeps coming from it when you try to boot up?

EDIT: Also, try connecting ur speakers to the audio out on the mobo, Asus boards sometimes include spoken warnings if there is a problem with the board or a component plugged into it.

hmmm, i have to double check if the speaker is connected.

i remember hearing beats during bootup when it was working normally.....now, no beeps, abs nothing happens, no fans turn on, not a flynch.

is there any way it could be the CPU? if there is no CPU plugged into a mobo, will the PSU fan at least turn on?

shouldn't the fan to PSU turn on no matter what?

Even if the CPU was dead it should still turn on the PSU. You can try placing a flat screw driver on the power switch jumpers to turn it on, if that works you case's power switch is bad. You can also turn on the PSU by connecting the green wire to a black one with a short wire(do this on top of the 20pin connector.) That will bypass some circuitry on the mobo.

dzuydoan said:
hello everyone....

ahh, the classic situation of PC not turning on.

so here's the scoop. i have:

asus p4pe, intel p4...

i turned off my computer last ngiht and all was swell. come today, the thing doesn't turn on.

i have a antec true power 2.0 power supply which is less than a year old. the green LED was flickering so the first thing i did was swap out with my old power supply. still, nothing. then i borrowed someone elses old PSU, still won't turn on.

the green LED is full brightness with each test, and yet it does not turn on.

currently i have EVERYTHING disconnected from the MOBO, including ram, vid card, etc.... the only things connected are:
4 pin ATX 12v power plug
the main power connecter (atxpower connecter)
and the reset power switch.

this should at least start up the cpu no?

is my motherboard fried? but the LED is green so should it turn on?!

if anyone has any ideas on things i should try, diagnostics, or anything please let me know. i sure could use the help.

thanks!

Well my brothers was the same. Turned out it was his mobo. I replaced it for him and his computer worked again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back