Does TS get a kick back from advertisers if they refer TS?

poertner_1274

I am going to be getting vonage very soon, and was wondering if any extra revenue is made if I order after clicking on the banner, or if I mention it to the guy on the phone?

It's not just vonage, but does this work with other sites as well?

Most of the advertisement on TechSpot is sold on a CPM basis (Cost per thousand) meaning we do not get paid for every transaction referred from our site but the number of ads displayed.

In the other hand, advertisers do track their campaigns and will obviously want to renew only on sites where its ads have converted well. Furthermore, since we get most of the ads from ad agencies, the more campaigns that perform well, the bigger chance there is for us to get new quality advertisers in the future.

Does this mean that we can all help techspot by refreshing the page like crazy for 5 minutes every day? :evil:

I know when you buy from NewEgg, they ask where you heard about them from. When I recently bought some parts from them I gave TS credit, hope that helped some. I didn't click on the ad in TS when I ordered though. Does it help more if you click on the TS link to them when you do your ordering?

Back