Does Win/XP Pro require Microsoft registration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwin1978

Is it true that the Pro version of winXP doesn't require you to call Microsoft to reg

Is it true that the Pro version of winXP doesn't require you to call Microsoft to register?

Since the "pro" (prefessional) version is designed for businesses, wouldn't that depend on the licensing agreement per # of machines?

I think a single user would have to register.

Re: Is it true that the Pro version of winXP doesn't require you to call Microsoft to reg

Originally posted by erwin1978
Is it true that the Pro version of winXP doesn't require you to call Microsoft to register?

You do not have to call MS on either version. When you install either, you will be prompted to register or activate XP. If you have an internet connection, it will send it out. If you elect no upon install, you have 30 days to activate/register XP. When you click on the "Keys" to activate, it comes up with a menu for you to fill in the blanks. On the menu, it gives you a choice if you want to call or not. But the short answer, no you don't have to call but yes you have to register.

Boy oh boy ...... There sure seems to be a lot of discussions about so call [size=4]" Corporate Versions "[/size] ;) I thought there was only a few people who had those ..... :D :D :D

Originally posted by Beginning
Boy oh boy ...... There sure seems to be a lot of discussions about so call [size=4]" Corporate Versions "[/size] ;) I thought there was only a few people who had those ..... :D :D :D

I'm one of the few and no it didn't have to be activated as 3DSThomas says!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back