Don't bump threads, I'm watching LOST tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what was your opinion of it? I thought it was good, but could have been better. Too many questions still left outstanding. seemed a bit more of a tug at your heartstrings, reconnecting of all the romances over the years.

I have mixed emotions about it. I am still somewhat 'lost'- have been for 6 years! But then, if they answered all our questions, our imagination would be pushed out and that, after all, was what Lost was all about!

If you watched the 2 hours recap before the finale, they explained about the use of emotions, romance and more importantly, choice, in this great TV epic. I enjoyed 'knowing' all these people and watching them find themselves.

Ah, no having a couple of little ones in the house not going to bed until 8:30 doesn't leave much time for watching that recap. I wanted to, but then I would have been starting the actual finale sometime around midnight! :)

Well they definately worked it well, the connections were really soft and heart felt. It was quite enjoyable. And yes, if they did answer all the questions, it wouldn't have really been Lost; now would it?

Overall a great series.

Bah Hambug!

Now, don't misunderstand me. I was a big fan of Lost up until the prior season (Season 6) and really looked forward to Season 7 when all was supposed to be explained.

After all, the Season 6 ending was overwhelming when Juliet (one of the most empathetic characters) presumably died sacrificing herself by setting off a nuclear explosion to save everyone else. But no! Wait! Looky here! In first episode of Season 7: Juliet is still alive!!! Well, at least long enough, to try and milk the scene again and kill her off again a second time! Give me an f'ing break!

And the rest of Season 7 was just as hokey and ridiculous trying to evoke ridiculous new ooooh's and ahhhh's from the audience rather then ever really explaining much.

There's a long list of complaints about the long list of stupidities in Season 7 but just a few
> I got sooooo tired of characters still asking questions of "Why they should do something" and thinking maybe we'll finally hear an answer explaining things. But all we ever heard was "trust me" or essentially "just do it because i said so"
> And does the bad brother dying and floating into "the light" really explain the smoke monster to anyone???? (Especially given the smoke monster was a central point throughout the show)
> Or why women who gave birth on the island would die?? (Are we to assume Alisson Janey would be returning to throw rocks at their heads!? LOL)

Uggh, yea, i was invested in the series so i finished this final season but it was a BIG disappointment. :(

Oh my word! Do you do Scrooge at Christmas too?!

I spent 5 years being "Lost" and enjoyed every minute of it. I didn't start until Season 2. Flash forwards and flash backwards and then at the end, flash sideways, kept me confused the entire time!

But I'll tell you what- I enjoyed it a lot better than most of the other c... on TV! I laugh every time they advertise the Direct TV or Dish Networks with ALL those channels! Heck doesn't matter how many you have- there's still not much worth watching.

We're talking about Lost- imagine that!

Oh my word! Do you do Scrooge at Christmas too?!

Nah... I'm in a great mood over the holidays.

But I think that after watching (and really liking those first 6 seasons) I just felt "Scrooged" by that final season of Lost! :darth:

Wow! I didn't realize, there are so many fans around here of one of my favorite shows :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back