Don't know what else to do, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my 5th system I'm trying to put together and I'm having a hell of a time. Here are my specs.
LanParty UT nF3 250gb mb
AMD64 3400+ clawhammer
Seagate 160 gig 7200 SATA
1 Gig Corsair Value Select 400 mhz
Tried ATI 9800 pro & gforce ti4200
Motherboard is set to default, no overclocking. The problem I'm having is I either lose video completely and system still stays on or the system completely shuts down for no reason. WTF! I've tried new PS, It's generic 680w 22a and it's still doing the same thing. Heard this board uses a lot of power. Please if anyone has any suggestion, I'll try anything. I'm about ready to throw the whole thing out the window!!! PLEASE HELP!

mfbsrb1 said:
No I haven't reinstalled OS. I'm running XP serv. pack 1
That should be ok then.
Follow this LINK
You may only need to do a repair install per this thread./
I hope this works for you.
Post back if it doesn't
G'Luck :bounce:

I'm not sure you understood my problem. My system will boot, but for any sort of stress on the computer it either losing the video or completely shuts down and I don't know why. Thought it wasn't getting enough juice but I upgraded PS as stated earlier & same ole same ole.

mfbsrb1 said:
This is my 5th system I'm trying to put together and I'm having a hell of a time. Here are my specs.
So this is a fresh install to this system?

"I'm about ready to throw the whole thing out the window!!!" :eek:
please don't do that, (I had a friend do that and regretted it)
even if I can't help you
I'm very certain the PPL here will.
Hang in there, you came to the right place

Thanks Socrates, I'm feeling better already. The thing that bothers's me is that I might have a bad board or something. Yeah it's a fresh install, all parts are new as far as I know. All that the tech guy at dfi said was that the board consumes a lot of power. Wasn't to enthused on helpin. Thought I did my homework, but obviously not :(

Whenever I hear the term "generic" in reference to a psu, I get nervous.
I bet the psu is weak, or hasn't enough current on a certain rail.

Weelll

It really depends on $$'s
I recommend ennermax, antek, thermaltake and allied.
Pretty much in that order.
I have one antek450w now and one allied 500w.
G'Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back