Don't want to post this category, but ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteve000

This is not where I want to post, BUT there is no new topic posting link until I get to this level. Not right!!!

Someone gett me to the right place. My question is about memory avaiabilty to run programs?

Not a difficult statement.

One level up is TechSupport. Under Tech Support are 2 forums:
BSOD, Freezing, Restartng Help
Virus and Malware Removal..

I have a technical question regarding how systems handles memory. Neither forum is appropriate. It seems that should be under tech support, but there is no tab to start a new discussion forum. The next level down are those 2 forums, which do have tabs for submitting replies. So, I am a little lost. Where and how should I appropriately submit my question.. It might be obvious, but I am not seeing it.

ahh i see

only the admin can add a new catagory to the site, as mere mortals we cant.

your best bet is to post where you think is right and a mod will move it should he/she deem it needed.

regards

That's why it is where it is. Don't know where else to put it, and it's still here.

Maybe you can answer the question anyway.
Hard drive memory, ram memory, virtual memory. I'm running a lot of applictions on a small PC. 1 GIG ram, 40 GIG HD. I reached a saturation point where I couldn't even open an email. Not enough memory message BUT, I'm still showing 400-600 mb of available ram. Usually I get an increasing virtual memory message, not sure how that works, but I haven;t seen that.. So, what memory is it tryimg to tap into when it has all this ram available.

(Hopefully the moderator canfind a better place to post this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back