Doom 3 Sucks !@#

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1_forever

Well what a waste of $99.00. Yes I actually bought a game for once just to make matters worse. Frikking graphics! What graphics..everything is blacker than a coal miners jocks. Don't get me wrong...I loved playing the game up until I realised it wasn't going to change from Black all the time to a change of scenery like a full outdoors level or just a few sections of daylight. The puzzles are just the plain old find key - open lock -grade 3 type stuff and what kind of ***** can't hold a pistol and flashlight at the same time. (yes i know its meant to be like that). Does anyone else out there feel a little frustrated at the level of repetition in this game? When u can see stuff the game looks magical to behold but I am sick to death of Black, Black, Black all the time! Although I love the multiplayer levels..shadows come in handy for a change then...I feel so much better now..

Wow, $99 for a game? Who sold you Doom 3 at that price?

Personally, I enjoyed the darkness and the tension of switching between flashlight and gun the moment you see a glimpse or hear the squeals of a demon in the shadows.
If you want outdoors, Far Cry sells outdoor gameplay out the wazoo.

I just beat Doom 3 last night, and while it has zero replay value, I still enjoyed the game thoroughly.

I also was dissappointed with the blackness, then i upgraded my graphics drivers and everything became much clearer and more playable. The torch thing i find enhances the game coz it dont half shi$ u up when crawling through the ducts and you meet a spawn from hell with no weapon.
I use the middle mouse button as a hotkey for switching weapons, its quick enough to change from torch to bfg and fire :).

The Doom 3 multiplayer through LAN is pretty good. I'll enjoy that more than anything. Infact, that is the only reason I got the game, for the multiplayer.

Hahaha, $99?!? Wow, it's different from America right? It would be around $50? Anyway, yeah I don't like the Darkness either. But if you play it in the dark then! You can see stuff better. ;)

To me, the darkness set the atmosphere of the game. I think if it was all in bright light, it would have been just another, at least average, first person shooter. The darkness kept me on the edge of my seat all the time, wondering what was up ahead around the next corner, in pretty much the same hall I just came from. I probably would not have finished this game if it was brightly lit.

But, having said all that, it's not a game I care to play again over and over.

young&wild you are a saviour! What a difference this MOD made. I can actually sit and enjoy it now and it makes for an increase in atmosphere I think. You have saved Doom3 for me anyway!

The AI in D3 sucked i'm sorry to say. It was a simple case of "he's over there get him" and watch as hellspawn run face at you. No hiding.... no falling back when injusred and no regrouping.

Tbh D3 was a bit of a dissapointment for me when I cleared it in 2 days.... but tbh the mods for the game will keep it alive.

Still HL2 is on th way.... sometime.... uit's gonna be too old when it's released imo.

UT2004, still the best game for mods out there imo.... and from what I hear about UT2005 droooool.

Doom3 was enjoyable for little while but I think they made it too dark, not in the sense of you couldn't see much, but too dark with all the demonic stuff and blood soaked walls, it all covered up weak gameplay. Kind of like silent hill, spooky, freaky, tense, ultimately pants.

I found Far Cry a far better game than Doom3, love the ealry levels, amazing outdoor scenes, incredible draw distance. Much better than Dooms not ever seeing more than 10 metres in front of you.

and dont get me started on quake 4, I saw the screens before I knew it was quake 4, thought it was a doom 3 mod!!!

The marines even look like they're from doom 3. Wonder if the doom 3 engine is posessed so any game you try to make always looks like doom3.

What have you heard about UT2005 LaYkE?

doom3 is alright...not as good as i thought and not worth the money. but its stuff fun to play. the only other thing that gets me is that the graphics look too rubbery. it looks like im shooting a bunch of action figures.

LOL how much you guys pay for tha game?!?!?!?!!!11two
i only pay like 5 american dolars... i can´t play multiplayer... but i dont care.. how much time can you spend in the same game anyway?

ElOso

I got the game and got bored too quickly. I've had it installed since it came out and only played it for a day or two.

I enjoyed Doom 3 for a while, as well. I don't know when it began to turn me off: perhaps it was the lighting that sometimes got rough, or if it was the initial game play? I do believe that since the game seemed to get old after playing it for a few hours, that may have a large part to do with it.

Regardless, I am the type of person that likes to play games like Diablo II, Starcraft, Quake III; games that I can go online and actually co-op or destroy other opponents. I haven't booted up Doom3 in a while, so I am not sure if they do have that available yet.

Also, that flashlight mod so you can have a flashlight with several weapons is simply brilliant. :)

Don't get me wrong, Doom3 is a brilliantly designed game, and since I am not really looking forward to Half Life 2 (especially because those pansies haven't been able to get the game to the consumers), I needed some new game to play. ;)

So... You're more of a strategy sort of person Mikael? Have you played Counter Strike? I was addicted to that game for a few days when I first played it. Now I play it with friends and work buds, it's a great Online game. Anyway Doom 3, I was about to buy the game but it was out of stock... So I'm guessing it is a good game! Hahaha, it even comes with a little figure. :grinthumb

Wow this game is scaring the pants off me. Unreal II meets System Shock II. It will be daylight soon so I'll return to the game then. Better equipted with duct tape.

Akio: I will usually try out any game that is placed in front of me. :) I did play Counterstrike, but it didn't really do much for me. It only got worse when I went online and played on a few servers for a couple of nights. ;)

If you haven't played Doom3 yet: PLAY IT! ;)

Doom 3 isn't for everyone, I loved it, and I dedicated time to play it. The problem is because you're on the edge of your seat the whole time, you can't play for more tan like 5 hours at a time or you get burned out.

Some people just don't like this one, others do. My brother played it for like 2 hours, than decided he didn't like it, not his kind of game.

Give it like 2 months and there should be some nice mods out there. One is out that lets you play coop, I'll have to give that a try. Should be cool to see what the mod community can do with the engine. I think it would make an awesome AVP mod, the lighting would be brilliant for that.

LaYkE said:
The AI in D3 sucked i'm sorry to say. It was a simple case of "he's over there get him" and watch as hellspawn run face at you. No hiding.... no falling back when injusred and no regrouping.

They're mindless zombies for the most part? no one complained about Resident Evil...

I dont see that being a major issue for me.

You know, I have still not bothered to find out why this game was running slowly on my machine. I have a 3GHz p4, 2GB RAM and a geforce 6800 128MB so all should be well. One day soon I'll find the time.

Game runs beautifully on my 2 primary systems, #1 is 3200+ / radeon 9800 pro + XP, #2 is 2800+ / geforce 4 ti4200 / linux

How slow it is phant? That system should burn it up.

Well, the game is kind of from a dubious source, hmm.. sorry to say. There hasn't yet been a truly scientific test, if you get what I mean.

To tell the truth, I really miss a good, interesting, time obsorbing game experience, like the first time I played Tomb Raider I on the PC.

It just had an extra dimension to it that games before just did not ever seem to have. It was a very important glimpse of what the PC was going to become, in terms of gaming and sound and experience.

Its been a long time since I've seen a game that has that level of innovation - of a purely new dimension. I certainly could not play that game again now and get that same level of satisfaction, and I've yet to see anything that promises the same at today's standards.

I know what you mean Phant. I felt that way when I first started playing Ultima 7 back in "the day". I thought "the immresion is incredible... 5 years from now it will be a virtual universe". Boy was I wrong.

Some games are definately innovative - Black and White, although short and quickly tiring, was very innovative. Fallout was a great shift from the typical RPG, System Shock and later Half Life proved that a FPS didn't have to be a mindless shooting gallery. Doom 3 definately pushes the hardware envelope and as far as the acting goes, shows that A-movie quality scripting is possible... but it lacks substance and really leaves you lacking.

Hopefully, soon we'll have something that doesn't try to impress you by excercising your hardware alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back