Doom 3 Tweak Guide @ TechSpot

By Julio Franco
Sep 30, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It has been quite some time since our last game guide so what better way to return to some of our roots than with Doom 3, a highly resource intensive game with a highly configurable game engine. Perhaps not as well received as expected, Doom 3 has still gone on to massive sales.

Our Doom 3 tweak guide will take you through every option available in the game, the console, config files, graphics, audio and input settings.

[​IMG]
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

Best Doom3 tweak guide I've seen on the web. I especially like how Thomas used screen image captures to show the changes the settings have on the visuals in the game. Very well done.
  3. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,327

Thanks, I figured if I was going to do a game guide again now I'd have to do something notably different to every other guide I've seen around. Though I've now grown to despise Crop & Resize ;)
  4. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,917   +119 Staff Member

Hahaha ;-)

Btw; great work on the article Thomas, many sites has also linked to us and every comment I have read has been very positive...
  5. Am I allowed to translate the Guide into German? -I'd give the Translation to You, -so You can use it on this page.
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Topic Starter Posts: 6,511   +308

Sounds great, your help would be much appreciated. If you are still interested please mail me to: julio@techspot.com
  7. Answer

Maybe... most germanspeaking people willing to read such a "long" text are able to understand English. The others are fine with a view at the pictures, I guess.
    So it seems, there is just no interest. Sorry.
    I personally wish to thank You very much for Your Guide; You made the beloved game even more wonderful to me!

Stefan Steinecke
  8. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

Nice Guide. Good job. :D

Suggestions:
    Perhaps information on the ati shader patch could be included, and how to unpack the .pak files to improve loading times
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.