Doom III available on P2P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Users of bittorrents, Kazaa and things like that are likely to be seeing copies of Doom III starting to do the rounds.
Piracy groups have already released the new game over the internet, along with details about how to crack the game. As always, please remember that software piracy is illegal and not something condoned by this site.

Hah yea thx for the update

Not too sure why you posted this as news, cuz almost every semi/big game is floating around on P2P or ftp.

Vietnam, D3, and HL2 will be... no online play ofcourse.

TechSpot are fully supportive of ID software and thier latest signature product Doom 3. Techspot are also fully aware of the potential sales phenomenon that ID Software's Doom 3 could induce, and deservedly so, as they have put extensive time and effort into thier product. So to help in the war against warez, which could severely hinder sales, Techspot are doing thier 'bit' to urge the gaming public to stay away from illegal activites and pay Carmack and the team thier dues.

I think that's the reason it's news anyway...but yeah I totally agree this and every other game that's half worth its weight in bytes will be spread around like cancer...quite literally so.

Game developers deserve the support (not like the music industry who usually release bad music).

A good game deserves its respect. Pay for good games.

True, all kind of software make it into warez sites eventually however Doom III as you know carries a August 3rd official release date, that is tomorrow...

I've already seen the torrent of this game, but to be honest I can't be bothered. I am going to buy this game definately. I've already seen it in the shops to pre-order, I guess it will be in them tomorrow when I go to lunch and have a walk around the town.

The game is quite good, I don't know if I'll buy it though. $55 is a big chunk out of my paycheck. Maybe if I can split the bill with a couple of friends. I tried it with a 9800 pro and it does run smooth at 1024 high detail. There's no need to buy a GF600 or X800, a 9800pro will do the trick.

Doom 3 being available on P2P is really fine if you ask me. It is NOT piracy. Is it right? Maybe not, but the word piracy is way too much of an extreme word to use regarding something like copyright infringement. Piracy was the act of violent robery on the high sea which involved murders and other nasty violent things!!! SO there is NO way in HELL you can refer to something non-violent and non-physical as piracy!!!!! It is nether theft nor stealing. It isn't right, but the appropriate terms must be used to define how wrong something is. Stealing is when you take something from someone else so that no longer have it in their possession.

Well, anyway, it is good to buy games to support the developers of them so they can continue to produce new games and to reward them for their hard work. And even though people will be able to obtain free copies without having to support the makers of the game, it really isn't going to hurt them at all anyway because you really have no choice but to buy the game if you want to play online as all games these days require a unique CD key that is authenticated with their server to play online and you have to be online connected to their servers, and there is really no way around it. So you are SOL if you want to play online, and didn't purchase a licensed copy of the game and will be restricted to LAN games only.

Originally posted by BrownPaper
Game developers deserve the support (not like the music industry who usually release bad music).

A good game deserves its respect. Pay for good games.

A good game deserves to be bought, but alas there are too many games out there today that just aren't worth it.
Too many games are being rushed out these days to make the distributors (and devs) money, without any real QA, meaning we're forking out our hard earned cash for nothing.

I hope this isn't the case with D3, though I am tempted to do a little try before buy.
If I like it I'll buy it, if not delete it.

Found it on an ftp on sunday around noon gmt, but couldn't decided if I should or not...

Doom III is one game I'm buying for sure... I wish I had a speedy broadband connection though to at least give it a try before it arrives here (already preordered, means I may get it in the next couple of days, then 2 more weeks until it arrives to Ecuador).

A demo or something like a playable 'teaser' would have been good at least.

Originally posted by Julio
Doom III is one game I'm buying for sure... I wish I had a speedy broadband connection though to at least give it a try before it arrives here (already preordered, means I may get it in the next couple of days, then 2 more weeks until it arrives to Ecuador).

A demo or something like a playable 'teaser' would have been good at least.

Even with a low end dsl connection you could get it if you leave the download on overnight. I left it on last night and it was ready by today at 10:30 am. It was downloading at 30kb/sec. My dsl connection is capable of MUCH more than that, but the source connections were keeping me down. It was worth the download though.

You better hope your IP doesn't get reported, considering your bein so open about pirating games...

It is piracy - don't fool yourself. It is stealing - stop deluding yourself. It is theft - believe it. Please support Carmack - buy his software. A lot of people don't care about online play - so the whole argument about people buying it if they really want to play it doesn't float. In fact, my greatest interest in the game lies in the single player and hopefully some sort of coop via lan option - but I'm still going to buy that sucker (already preordered.)

I'll wait for the Demo before I try it out.

I almost bought Deus Ex 2 but did get access to the demo beforehand, and I am very glad for that because Deus Ex 2 is not a game I would have liked to spend money on...

And if you check out a comment from the guy at isonews (link at the Inq) who reviewed the game he did not like it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back