Doom remastered in 9600x7211

TS-56336

This is a remastered screenshot from the video game Doom. The original size was 320x240 and the final product is 9600x7211. This is the highest resolution Photoshop image done to date (although could have done higher 3D rendering).

[CENTER]66708_10151444732274430_2044716003_n.jpg[/CENTER]

[FONT=Arial]It is commonly agreed upon by all of humanity that Doom was the greatest game ever made. Okay, maybe not everyone. Doom was a PC game made in 1993 by id software. It was created by John Carmack, John Romero, Adrian Carmack and Tom Hall as well as many others. This is actually not a direct scene from the game but a composite. The Doom guy has only 1 rocket left and a pinky demon stands between him and freedom. If he shoots he's dead. These were some of the best moments in the game.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]As you can tell the style matches closely to the original game, but with a slightly different perspective. I used a 3D rendering program to outline how things would appear in the scene to assure the perspective remained correct throughout the creation process.[/FONT]

Here's the whole remastering process on YouTube.

OMFG... must do this again. How far along are you? Did you add any additional frames of animation? Is wad building the same as it used to be with this version? Do you need any beta testers ;)

This is awesome... Doom was a great game definitely. It set the standard for games today. The engine was a huge success (COD:MW2 used it and a few others did probably)

I am confused, did TS-56336 do that or did he just recreate it... If you did do it I was wowed

No guys, I'm not the one who did it. I just re-posted this from my friend's facebook for you to see for yourself, from here. I'm sorry if I lost some of you on the first paragraph. This is not my property, but if it was, well that'd be great. :D

BIG THANKS FROM THE GUY WHO MADE IT, HAT'S OFF FOR YOU. (y)

Ah! There is no remastered version of the game from what I can tell. :'(

Naah, it's just a screenshot game from what I believe that was retouched by Photoshop. But yeah, a remastered version would be awesome.

Yeah, would have been cool :/. Either way, who ever did that retouching has skills. Maybe someone should hire him to retouch the whole game lmao.

I just saw The Dark Knight and loved it. So I was thinking since The Batman Arkham games are over wouldn't it be cool if Rocksteady made a game where you play as the Joker? It could be based on the Dark Knight and then show what happens Between the Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, or it could be completely different.

I just saw The Dark Knight and loved it. So I was thinking since The Batman Arkham games are over wouldn't it be cool if Rocksteady made a game where you play as the Joker? It could be based on the Dark Knight and then show what happens Between the Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, or it could be completely different.
And how is this related to Doom?

I know this probably isn't the right place to post this but I couldn't find any other Batman forums. Sorry

Then don't post it, what you posted belongs on Twitter or on another forum all together, heck you could have started a page in the General Discussion section if you were so inclined. Don't be sorry, inform yourself and fix your mistake so next time you'll know.

On Topic. That's some crazy Photoshop skills, the 9 minute video is worth a watch. I'm almost afraid to know how long it actually took to finish. Also funny how people jumped to the assumption this was a remaster of the original game instead of following the link and reading a little of the description, but hey it's more fun to see people fail so keep it up.

Back