TechSpot

Double Audio

By F1N3ST
Nov 14, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, didnt even notice it because i was gaming, then i fired a pistol, burst fire, and it shot 6 times, and is supposed to be 3. I figured out it was double audio, I just installed a sound card (In Sig) and now this happens. Here is a screenshot of my device manager.

[​IMG]

As you can see I disabled the Realtek HD Audio, i'm going to see if theres anything in the BIOS.
  2. F1N3ST

F1N3ST Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 1,088

Another new problem, the noise is all crackly and breaking up, but the double audio is gone.
  3. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,198

Creative cards exhibitting crackling, popping or noise is usually indicative of a PCI bus problem. You may be able to help this with BIOS settings or adjusting PCI Latency.

It's also important your integrated audio is disabled completely, which is best done in the BIOS versus the device manager. This way, the PCI resources are fully returned to the system and cant conflict in any way.
  4. F1N3ST

F1N3ST Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 1,088

I used google, and found some "Critical Updates" And it fixed the problem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.