Double fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the double fault halt (blue screen, error 7F, code1 8, code2 80042000, code3 0, code4 0) when I am extracting something from 7-zip archives. The halt never occurs except for extracting from 7zip archives. The halt occurs on every 7-zip archive, both on regular archives and on self-extracting archives. The halt always occurs in the same position of extraction process, as per archive; the position is different for different archives, but always same for a particular archive.

I heard the double fault halt can occur because of damaged RAM, wrong hardware connections or kernel drivers errors. I checked the RAM thoroughly, and the RAM seems to be ok. I tried changing RAM, - the halt still occurs. I reassembled the PC, - the halt still occurs. So I guess it is a kernel driver error, isn't it?

I am attaching the minidump file. Please help me. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidump crashes with memory corruption. It has a bugcheck of 7F. Faulty ram?

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back