Double-sided YotaPhone will go on sale this holiday season

By Shawn Knight
Nov 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A Russian company by the name of Yota Devices is hoping they’ve discovered the next big thing in smartphone technology. First shown at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show, they now plan to launch the experimental YotaPhone this holiday season with...

Read more
  2. I wonder how thin we can make e-ink displays. An e-ink smartcover would be solid, too
  3. Good idea, wrong device.
    I could see this being rather useful in a tablet, pointless on a phone though.
  4. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

Looks like it's going to cost an arm and a leg
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,791   +702

It makes more sense than a curved display.
    Burty117 and dennis777 like this.
  6. Critica1Hit

Critica1Hit Newcomer, in training Posts: 27

One day, after we have an improved power solution, we're going to look at all these crazy ideas we had to come up with just to save battery power, and LOL...
  7. Camikazi

Camikazi TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 329   +56

We are a species of "always want more" so it will never be enough, we will always create crazy things to move one step forward. Honestly that mentality is what has made us as advanced as we are now and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. Why settle for a battery that lasts 4 weeks when you can make one that lasts 5? Why go through the struggle of connecting your laptop to charge once every week when you can do it only once every 3 weeks?
    BlueDrake likes this.
  8. dennis777

dennis777 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 274   +29

Maybe this run on nuclear cause I dont think it has a removable battery.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.