Down arrow for attachments in Yahoo email

macx

How to get rid of that?

FYI when I want to attach something, now with the new Yahoo version, I have to click an arrow
and then select "from my computer" or "download from Flickr"

I do NOT use Flickr and don't ever intend to, so that's just an irritation.
Is there a way to eliminate that?

WHY can't programmers ever leave something alone that works?!
Continually adding stuff does not make it "better."!~
The least they could do is make it optional, and make it obvious how to choose.

Thx

So how would YOU design the Attachment interface???? There has to be a means to navigate to WHEREVER the file is located on the system and btw, the My Pictures is only one of 100's of other useful locations!

Did you know or try to drag-n-drop a file onto the Email you are writing? Some software (not sure on the web interface to Yahoo) does this nicely.

I wouldn't have to design any Attachment interface. There wasn't any before in Yahoo email except that when I'd click
on the paperclip, a window would open directly allowing me to navigate to the desired file.

Now I have to click on that arrow, and THEN it goes to that same window to navigate to the file. They added that down arrow
as an extra step and left the rest of it alone. Just about seems like they're trying to encourage use of the other app that's in the new selection window.

I just prefer it the way it was before without that extra down arrow step.

There is no way to remove the arrow. They are trying to promote another application, also while trying to make it easier for people who use Flickr to import pictures.

How to get rid of that?

FYI when I want to attach something, now with the new Yahoo version, I have to click an arrow
and then select "from my computer" or "download from Flickr"

I do NOT use Flickr and don't ever intend to, so that's just an irritation.
Is there a way to eliminate that?

WHY can't programmers ever leave something alone that works?!
Continually adding stuff does not make it "better."!~
The least they could do is make it optional, and make it obvious how to choose.

Thx
What "new" yahoo version are you talking about? I've had yahoo for years & have no problem clicking the paper clip to attach a picture.:confused:

Back