TechSpot

Down by the clock?

By Variol
Nov 6, 2006
  1. I'm sure if that's called task bar, but I was wondering if there is an easy way to remove those icons (I guess it's items running in the backround) from this area? I really don't want to load in a bunch of stuff I don't use.

2. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 697

Type in msconfig on the command line and go to the startup option and disable anything you do not want loaded at start up

If you want the clock gone, right click on the quick launch bar and find the option

3. Variol

Variol TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

Thanks; I always forget about that. Does anyone know how much of an improvement this can give to performance?

4. smore9648

performance in doing what, disabling your clock. (It frees up all your ram, J/K)

It improves your loading process at the beginning and free up your ram from the programs you disabled. It depends on if the programs are memory hogs or not. So you may or may not notice something.

5. Variol

I disabled about 8-10 different things. I don't know how much they took, but I just didn't want them loading all the time. That are about 4 now, which is ine.

6. Sjbrand99

Sjbrand99 Banned Posts: 260

"ine" ....... lol

i presume u meant to say "line"

its all gd

7. smore9648

Actually I think he ment "which is fine":haha:

8. Variol

Sorry, I meant to say fine! My Logitech keyboard keys are not my fav.

9. Sjbrand99

Sjbrand99 Banned Posts: 260

I WAS being sarcastic! a human with the intellectual capability of a person of my scholarly backgrounds.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.