TechSpot

Download: Minecraft 1.6.1 The Horse Update

By Erik
Jul 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The ever more popular block game created by Markus Persson has received another important update. This Minecraft update is known as The Horse Update, and as the name suggests one of the major additions are horses. There also donkeys and...

Read more

2. LOL TechSpot got it wrong. Minecraft was created by Notch not Markus Persson.

3. Above me is joke right? Right??

4. Erik

Erik TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 293   +10 Staff Member

Hope it is : )

5. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

Notch is Markus Persson's pseudonym or nickname.
    TechSpot 1
    Guest 0

6. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 973   +99

This is a lie!!! I CREATED MINECRACK

o me it seems they have been slacking with the updates (they are not exactly amazing, then again they are free).

I would love to see better modding support and server support. For example as seen in Counter Strike Source or Garrys Mod. Upon joining a server, necessary server texture files, sounds are downloaded for customised gameplay. I would love to have customised NPCs on my server but due to needing others to download necessary mods in order for them to see the custom NPCs I simply skip this.

7. Caiedus

Caiedus TS Rookie

Slight error to point out, Mules cannot be bred in either real life or minecraft.

8. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

Now just waiting for Bukkit to update so I can try it out.

9. Really? Are you kidding? Mark is notch! Bozo... He he

10. Minecraft is great, but these updates are a joke, Notch sits back and rakes in the cash and then releases updates that are just watered down versions of mods that have been around for ages, how about they support the modding community and incorporate the full versions of the mods in Minecraft.

lipe123 likes this.
  11. lipe123

lipe123 TS Guru Posts: 454   +81

Amen! instead of just letting the mods do their job with a mod API they keep killing the mods that work fine and add them as "features" that have less functionality and no configuration.

12. Awes0me

Awes0me TS Rookie

Notch is markuss' username 4 minecraft!

13. I used to have the fully updated version of minecraft, but yesterday I was messing around with it and now it's gone. I'm going to all of these websites and trying to download it, but all it says is Minecrraft --> Applications in a seperate box (I'm on a Mac) So I really wanna play, but I don't know how. So can some1 please help me?

14. Erik

Erik TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 293   +10 Staff Member

15. You do realize that Notch is actually Markus Persson?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.