Download of the Week: Battlefield 3 free, for a week

By Erik
May 29, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. As part of its "On the House" initiative, Origin has just added another high profile title to its list of free PC games. Earlier this month, the service had the original Plants vs. Zombies Game of the Year Edition available free...

Read more
  2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,248   +220

Thanks for letting us know, my BF3 got banned (exploiting XP, C4, knifes) I didn't bother buying a new one ^^
    Jad Chaar likes this.
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,889   +645

Yay! Now everyone who has BF4 can join in on BF3 and experience what a partially decent battlefield is like :)
  4. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

Unfortunately, EA is turning off all the BF3 servers tomorrow. Have fun!

*Disclaimer- Post not to be taken seriously.
  5. TechGamer

TechGamer TS Addict Posts: 365   +38

Seeing that this is EA were talking about I wouldnt find this real hard to imagine happening
    Jad Chaar and Darkshadoe like this.
  6. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

Lol, I have not used my origin client for a while. upon learning of the free bf3, I wanted to post the news first in the forums but somebody already posted ahead of me. :)

since I don't have the necessary hdd space for the installer/installation, I just 'grabbed' the game before the 4-day offer expires. bf3 is the third freebie I received from ea's origin (dead space 1, pvz 1, bf3)
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

It's very sweet and thoughtful of EA to do this (Sarcastic? Me? I'm appalled) but 20 gig is a lot for me to download on a 10 MB/s line. Anyway I might just take them up on the offer.
  8. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 807   +270

I tried downloding this but Origin just incredibly sucks. First I can't retrieve my password cause their email doesn't appear in my inbox, then I created a new account and Battlefield 3 download keeps popping up errors every minute, it's impossible to download it...Nothing works in that goddamn Origin.
  9. grvalderrama

grvalderrama TS Enthusiast Posts: 194

Can I download it to my notebook and then play it on my desktop pc?