TechSpot

Download of the Week: Xbox One Controller Driver for Windows

By Erik
Jun 5, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Considering Windows support for the Xbox 360 controllers has been a given for a very long time, Xbox One owners as well as PC gamers wanting to use the revamped console controller have been waiting for similar treatment since the launch of the...

Read more

2. So how do you connect it to the computer? Do you have to buy some sort of receiver or dongle?

Jamesbrah likes this.
  3. Jamesbrah

Jamesbrah TS Enthusiast Posts: 59   +11

Standard micro USB I assume.

4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 991   +90

I'm guessing the charging cable is also a data cable unlike the 360 controller.

5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Correct. Plugging cable in uses the cable and not the wireless.

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,554   +2,894

You would think the few questions in the comments asked so far, would have been answered in the article.

lmike6453 and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  7. Experimentongod

Experimentongod TS Addict Posts: 226   +85

I had to do some reasearch to find out that this gamepad uses an INCLUDED and OPTIONAL microUSB cable and therefore should present no problems using it on PC. I still have no idea if it can be used wirelessly on PC though.

spectrenad and Darth Shiv like this.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,485   +2,038

Hoo boy. A console controller and myself just don't see eye to eye, if I can't play a game with a keyboard and mouse then forget it.

9. "Hoo boy. A console controller and myself just don't see eye to eye, if I can't play a game with a keyboard and mouse then forget it"

There's quite a few different types of games that require a game pad. Button mashers and racing games come to mind. In the last two or three years I've come across I think 4 games that I downloaded and started, then stopped playing because I didn't have a controller.

10. Erik

Erik TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 305   +18

I put a note in the driver pages... Your Xbox One controller needs to be connected to your PC through the micro USB cable for PC gaming.

cliffordcooley likes this.