Download only one file from torrent package

bigwat

Hi Is there any way possible for someone to download only 1 file from a torrent package.

The thing is the entire files needs over 20.GB of disk space to allocate and i dont have that much,

So is there anyway to just take probably a few of them and downloading them rather than to take them all and then selecting do not download for the unwanted files.

Probably... What torrent client?

You'll want to make sure it doesn't pre-allocate the space needed for the whole thing, and then you can uncheck what you don't want downloaded. How that is done differers for every client though. I use Transmission, which I expect you don't, so maybe someone else can help.

Oh my, it's been a couple years since last I downloaded a torrent file. But if I remember right, I was using U-Torrent, after a file is selected for download, just at the very end of the process, I think I remember U-Torrent would pop up a small confirmation window, showing me the file I wanted as to confirm it. One nice thing about U-Torrent, before you download a mega sized file, it lets you dive into the big file and either "select" or "deselect" things from the file. So in all likelihood, you could subtract all other components from the mega file, and keep and download the one little part of it.

Maybe worth looking into....

well i use vuze [client] ya it gives me the option of selecting o not download the file or to delete them but that is after it' allocated the space......oh boy.

I told you to disable pre-allocation. Here, I'll hold your hand for you.

Uncheck the "allocate and zero new files on creation" and check "enable incremental file creation".
Vuze4310OptionFiles.PNG

hey thanks alot i'm yet to check it out, but i could find it at firt but that's becuase i was in beginner mode....Thanks.

Back