Downloaded matrix screensaver and now everything slow/advertisments

TheDreams

I recently downloaded a matrix code screensaver here and since then my entire computer has been running slow and it takes forever to open chrome and other icons. Also I get random advertisement popups now(on websites like facebook, google, techspot). I scanned for a virus but came up short :/ and I don't know if it installed any other programs. Any suggestions for a scan or anything?
Edit:
It also installed avg and the avg secure search opens on new tab, I uninstalled it and relaunched chrome and the secure search went away but after another relaunch it persists.

It seems that after I ran the full scan the results were below :(
I am currently removing them with microsoft security essentials, should I still go here?

Attachments

• TrojanDropper.png
    TrojanDropper.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Removed.png
    Removed.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 2
It seems that after I ran the full scan the results were below :(
I am currently removing them with microsoft security essentials, should I still go here?
Since I have no idea how to read those scans, I'd say yes, go to that link but remember, you'll have to COPY/PASTE them, NOT attach them. Good luck. :)

Its possible you have a lot more spyware left. Or the virus is still there. You could go to Eset .com and download their online virus scanner. See what it comes up with. If that dose not help. You will need to have the Malware forum run some of their nifty little programs. Mainly because their programs will remove what SAS or some of the other Spyware programs out here won't fine. I can tell you to go a head and run one of the many spyware programs out their. But from the number of trojans pulled from your system now. I really do not think it would help.

Thanks for the help Cobalt but I have started a thread here because I would feel safer getting help from a site I know I can trust.

Ok, they will help you out here. I mean the malware forum here at Techspot. Sorry if you misunderstood me. Goodluck.

Back