TechSpot

Downloading software_doesn't accept serial #

By Lynnette
Jun 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. In downloading Photoshop I got a screen asking for my my computer serial number, but would not accept it. Am I mis-understanding and it wants something else? I HAVE DOUBLE & TRIPLE-CHECKED , even went into bios to make sure I had the right number. Now what?

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,394   +240

Are you talking about Adobe Photoshop? If so, have you tried downloading it from the from TechSpot ?

3. Lynnette

Lynnette TS Rookie Topic Starter

I was trying to download from TechSpot. That's why I am here. Any suggestions ?

4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,394   +240

Is the link I gave you the one you used? If so, I don't know what to say.:confused:

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,484   +233

Which version of Adobe Photoshop are you trying to download?

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,262   +1,551

I don't think it is your computer serial it is asking for. The serial it is asking for should be the one listed on TechSpot download page.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-adobe-photoshop-cs2.html

SNGX1275 and mailpup like this.
  7. Lynnette

THX> I thought that might be the case but didn't know how to get back. Will give this a try. THX!!!!

8. Lynnette

THX for your help. I acquired a "new laptop" after I ceremoniously dumped coffee on mine. Grr! Getting it set up is a pain in the bumpkus! Lost some software and am now trying re-acquire replacements. I may be back!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.