TechSpot

Downloading software_doesn't accept serial #

By Lynnette
Jun 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. In downloading Photoshop I got a screen asking for my my computer serial number, but would not accept it. Am I mis-understanding and it wants something else? I HAVE DOUBLE & TRIPLE-CHECKED , even went into bios to make sure I had the right number. Now what?

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,537   +332

Are you talking about Adobe Photoshop? If so, have you tried downloading it from the from TechSpot ?

3. Lynnette

Lynnette TS Rookie Topic Starter

I was trying to download from TechSpot. That's why I am here. Any suggestions ?

4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,537   +332

Is the link I gave you the one you used? If so, I don't know what to say.:confused:

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,949   +355

Which version of Adobe Photoshop are you trying to download?

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

I don't think it is your computer serial it is asking for. The serial it is asking for should be the one listed on TechSpot download page.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-adobe-photoshop-cs2.html

SNGX1275 and mailpup like this.
  7. Lynnette

THX> I thought that might be the case but didn't know how to get back. Will give this a try. THX!!!!

8. Lynnette

THX for your help. I acquired a "new laptop" after I ceremoniously dumped coffee on mine. Grr! Getting it set up is a pain in the bumpkus! Lost some software and am now trying re-acquire replacements. I may be back!