Dr. Watson Debugger freezes my computer and I cant access documents and "My Computer"

By Riz
Oct 13, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I cannot access any of my documents, shortcuts, folders, nor can I access "My Computer." I am also unable to "search" for files. When i try to open any document, file or "My Computer", the computer freezes and a window opens saying that an error has occured and Dr. Watson Postmorem was unable to run. After that my computer freezes and i have to restart it by pulling the plug. I desperately need help!
  2. ludimscore

ludimscore Newcomer, in training

same problem

I'm having the same problem......I even tried to go safe mode so that I can system restore a couple of days back but safe mode is not letting me system restore. HELP!!!!!!!
  3. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Tell us name and model of computer, and inventory all your installed security software.
    I assume Dr. Watson came with the computer when new. I would remove it in Add and Remove software, as it appears to be in conflict with other security software you have installed.
  4. ludimscore

ludimscore Newcomer, in training

got it fixed

HI,

Thanks for the response. I read through many posts on TechSpot and found a post that had the answer: I was able to fix it by going to Tools in Explorer - Advanced tab and unchecking the "allow third party users" box and it worked! This website is awesome!
  5. Po`Girl

Po`Girl Newcomer, in training Posts: 668

A word of caution : Spyware can add browser extensions(I assume you mean extensions,and not users).

I recommend you go HERE and at least do a few of the scans mentioned there, even if you don`t post any logs.
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

7. samuela21

samuela21 Newcomer, in training

dr wotson debugger error

i had this same problem mainly with some avi , xvid , and various others.
    when i viewed the error report it said that xvid dll had caused the problem.
    after uninstaling xvid the problem stopped, i sugest either doing the same, or checking the error report to see whats causing the problem.....
    samuela21 @hotmail.co.uk
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.