Dr. Watson Debugger freezes my computer and I cant access documents and "My Computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot access any of my documents, shortcuts, folders, nor can I access "My Computer." I am also unable to "search" for files. When i try to open any document, file or "My Computer", the computer freezes and a window opens saying that an error has occured and Dr. Watson Postmorem was unable to run. After that my computer freezes and i have to restart it by pulling the plug. I desperately need help!

same problem

I'm having the same problem......I even tried to go safe mode so that I can system restore a couple of days back but safe mode is not letting me system restore. HELP!!!!!!!

Tell us name and model of computer, and inventory all your installed security software.
I assume Dr. Watson came with the computer when new. I would remove it in Add and Remove software, as it appears to be in conflict with other security software you have installed.

got it fixed

HI,

Thanks for the response. I read through many posts on TechSpot and found a post that had the answer: I was able to fix it by going to Tools in Explorer - Advanced tab and unchecking the "allow third party users" box and it worked! This website is awesome!

A word of caution : Spyware can add browser extensions(I assume you mean extensions,and not users).

I recommend you go HERE and at least do a few of the scans mentioned there, even if you don`t post any logs.

dr wotson debugger error

i had this same problem mainly with some avi , xvid , and various others.
when i viewed the error report it said that xvid dll had caused the problem.
after uninstaling xvid the problem stopped, i sugest either doing the same, or checking the error report to see whats causing the problem.....
samuela21 @hotmail.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back