TechSpot

Drag and drop causes system crash

By vancleef
Apr 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

OS is Windows Home XP.

When I drag and drop more than a few items, it cases the system to re-boot. Anyone had this problem and if so, how did they cure it? (Apart from switching to Linux that is.....)

Cheers :)
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,800   +158

You have a pending bad memory problem or a failing hard drive... Test your memory first
  3. vancleef

vancleef Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks Tmagic but I hope not - it's a brand new pc and the love of my life! Now that I can read the minidumps for previous crashes (with thanks to this forum and Kitty500cat) they consistently refer to HFXP2. This is a programme that securely hides files and folders and I cannot see how it could be connected, but what do I know about computers.

Thanks for your time :)
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,800   +158

5. vancleef

vancleef Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for the follow up and will have to reconsider this programme. Also, it seems it isn't so secure. A Google search shows it can be cracked in about 3 minutes! Not by the likes of me it can't be......!! Cheers :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.