Dreaded BSOD help please IRQL_less_not_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

munny

Hello guys hoping some of you can help me work through this problem.

I have done the suggested fixes in the stickyed thread, but wondering if yall can help with my blue screen.

Happens when I try to play the game Battlefeild2, used to run fine but after my latest fresh install of windows I am getting a blue screen. I don't think I get any BLue screens with any otherr program but I dont have much currently installed ion my Machine.

Here is the gist of what the Blue Screen says

IRQL_Less_Not_Equal

then the long string of codes says this

0x000000D1 (0x0000002A,0X00000007,0X00000000,0XF74C6AFB)

I will attach the minidumps below

System specs are
AMD 2800
ASUS A7N8X-E deluxe mobo
1.5 gigs o 3200ram
Geforce 6800GT OC
SB Audigey2 ZS platinum
Win XP

Like I said this is on a fresh install of windows, along with all the critical updates, excluding SP2

I have only BF2, Star Wars empire@war(runs fine fully maxxed), and a couple small programs (Teamspeak, nero, logitech profilers) installed on the machine. I had the very latest Video/Audio drivers but rolled back to out of the box versions whhen i got the Blue Screen. My MoBo drivers are all out of the box, as are my BIOS drivers. Like I said all this was laid on a fresh install of windows.

Any Help will be greatly apprecyated.
Thanks!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps crash at si3112r.sys. This is your sata driver. They all reference bf2.exe.

Try updating your sata drivers. Also, look on the game manufacturers website for any patches/updates that may be available.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Keep in mind also that Battlefield2 is one of the buggiest games put out in a long.... long time. It may not be a problem with you system at all.

Wonderful Howard, Thank you for decivering that mess, I will update my sata Drivers and report back, hopefully help out some folks with simalar issues.

Yes BF2 is a buggy mess, but I never had a problem with it since launch untill now.

Crossing my fingers

Yes Howard, I updated my SATA drivers and am working great!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!

Thank you very much this site will be forever saved in my favorites, You guys are great and I hope to help out others with they're problems.

Thanks again Tech Spot, you are highly recommended to all my gaming buddies!

I am happy to say close this thead :haha:

which is the url

can you give me the url where u download the files to update the si3112??
i have the same problem
thx

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your should be able to get the si3112r drivers from your mobo manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back