Dried Out Cartridges - Need Your Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethrestroh

The number one refilling problem is waiting too long to refill my cartridge. When I don't fill up my cartridge right away, the ink will dry and clog the micro holes at the outlet of the printer head.

There is really no fix. Refilling cartridges is only productive when you use the ink quickly.
Otherwise, you can ruin your printer.
Store-bought inks have special chemicals which reduce drying, and help prevent clogging.
I have seen a lot of add-ins, and cleaners, but never have I seen any which work well enough to jusitfy the cost.
Tell us more about the printer, and where you get your refillable inks.

one of my friend suggest me to use alcohol dissolve the dried ink. So can I go through this trick?
what do you think will it work or not?

There are lots of methods for cleaning print heads. Alcohol, Hot water, tissues..

In general though i have the same opinion as raybay. You will probably end up spending more running cleaning cycles than if you got a printer with cheaper ink cartridges.

Once the ink has settled to particles, it is done. The liquid medium that holds those color particles in suspension is generally not alcohol. When the alcohol is gone, the problem remains... ink that will not flow without plugging expensive components.
Almost nobody likes what the printer manufacturers are doing to us in the name of profits.
Printers are sold merely to sell ink. The way the ink is applied to paper is designed to sell ink.
I have never met a person who has been able to consistently use bargain inks...

Either you ruin your printer or you ruin your copy.

Nobody has figgered out how to make printers which use ink cheaply, and well, and will last.

Take those cheap inks that did work. Go back and look at a document that is two or three years old. It has faded. It will fade into oblivion or it will fall right off of the page.

Color ink technology will continue to improve. Someday a team of engineeers will get it right. Some are close now.

I saw a sign in a Chicago bar back in 1959. It said, The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth. But Not Yet.

A good old time laser printer works, and produces lasting copies.

Color is designed to sell printers and to sell ink. Sooner or later it will get you.

unless you have a an old dot-matrix printer, the ink will always fade. Even dot matrix print fades after extended periods.

You have to regularly use your printer .If you will don't do that,then obviously your cartridge will dry.
So,please take care about it.

Heat the cartridge to high room temperature to around 80 degrees, or so the cartridge is not cold, from resting on desk or inside printer. Then heat water to boiling point in microwave. Have tongs or other removal device handy. Then immerse the cartridge into the water for NO MORE THAN 30 SECONDS... Then clean the cartridge with very soft paper towel such as Avira to get the water and ink ok. This will work if cartridge is salvageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back