TechSpot

Drive/usb problem

By barrymallen
Oct 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi wondered if anyone can help im having an intermittent fault with my desktop and not sure if its a driver issue or hardware. Basically the usb ports are very internitent and aam using a wirless keboard and mouse I amhing to power off computr 3 or 4 times for it to recognise the usb ports. I have tried using another mouse and its the same problem it just doesnt seem to recognise the ports even exist ? when I do get it to recognise them im not getting any errors but in my problem deices in system manager it list Infrared PortROOT\MS_IRDAMINIPORT\0000This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.
    so not sure if this is linked or not. I have also disconnected a second internal hard drive and second dvd drive today to see if that cures it and so far been okay but as fault is intermitytent might be just a coincedednce. worst case I can reinstall windows but thought id tyry here first. Many thanks

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.