Driver 7.8 Didnt Work, 7.9 Is Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiomono1

HOPING to see if 7.9 would work for my radeon 1950 256 mb x16
7.8 giving me alot of problems..hoping that 7.9 would be my solution..:(
if not then..imma have to stay with my little PCI radoen 256 little weenie card with its latest driver. 6.11. lol

so repost me and tell me if you guys think its worth a try or sometin.

Are you uninstalling the old graphics driver through Add and Remove Programs before you install any new ones?

well i did now, and installed 7.4!!! not 7.9. 7.4 is working better now..but the full performance that it should be. but as long as it plays WoW aright, then thats alll that matters...but yea no prblems so far...but waitin for them

That is some hotfix. Almost 95MB for XP version? Yikes!

Edit: I downloaded it just to save and it's actually 97MB! The original 7.9 Catalyst suite is only 45MB.

well 7.8 wasnt doin good for me at all.....right now for my radeon 1950 pro. im running my driver version 7.2...whenever i play games. my monitor turns off on me...what does that meen? everytime my pc plays someting with graphics..my monitor turns off. i click and press keyes. but it doesnt want to turn on again. my pc and everything else is running. except my monitor. :(

my games is halo (the first one)

dawn of war drak crusade

WoW

counter steike source

and half life..
anybody with extrra answers. plz help

mailpup said:
Are you uninstalling the old graphics driver through Add and Remove Programs before you install any new ones?

yes i am. i used the uninstall utility and other ATI programs so when i restart my oc. none of radeon software is in my pc. except the graphics card. (hardware)

but ima try 7.9...if that desnt work. then im stikkin with 7.2 or my old video card. :(

indiomono1 said:
well 7.8 wasnt doin good for me at all.....right now for my radeon 1950 pro. im running my driver version 7.2...whenever i play games. my monitor turns off on me...what does that meen? everytime my pc plays someting with graphics..my monitor turns off. i click and press keyes. but it doesnt want to turn on again. my pc and everything else is running. except my monitor. :(

my games is halo (the first one)

dawn of war drak crusade

WoW

counter steike source

and half life..
anybody with extrra answers. plz help
What psu do you have and how many amps on the 12v?

Antec Basiq -thats the name of the psu
power supply is 500 wtts.
and DUAL 12.v rails.
processor is amd 64 3800
1 gig of mem
250 gb HD
motherboard that supports on board graphics(radeon xpress 200)

Psu has 27amps
1950 usually call for 30 but it's probably less
Something to look at though
Do you have the extra power connection hooked up to the card?

yes i "did" have a 6-pin connector to it.
but im runnin on my PCI card :(
thats how i can talk to you guys. cause whenever i turn on my pc with my x16 card, nothing appears. just vertical lines passing up and down and horizontal lines too. but when to goes to my main page with all my icons..it doesnt..its all black and with a skinny white streak across the screen, then for about 5sec, the screen "goes to sleep" then i cant nothing after that. :(

If you can run the PC with the PCI graphics card and no recent version of the Catalyst drivers helps, the X1950 Pro might be defective.

Well, if ANY other graphics card works but the X1950 Pro doesn't, it doesn't really matter what slot it is. It seems to point to the X1950 Pro being defective. I can't say for sure, however. Would it be possible to install the X1950 Pro in another PC to test it?

umm havent tried that yet..hmm...well around my neighbor hood i dont think so.lol

i heard i can return my ATI card back to ATI...how i do that?

IF the card is still under warranty, ordinarily you contact the manufacturer and request an RMA (Return Materials Authorization). Although it is an ATI card, does it have another company's brand on it, such as Asus, Sapphire, Palit, HIS, Gecube, Connect3D, Powercolor or something like that? If it was made by one of those companies, contact them. If it is an ATI branded card, then you should contact ATI for an RMA.

If the card is still new, you can often return it to the retailer for an exchange. But that time period is usually short, like 30 or 60 days or less. If you aren't sure, you can check with them. Return policies and warranties are likely different in different countries, so check first.

Ordinarily you are supposed to return all the original contents of the box, including cables, adapters, software and the rest. If you no longer have any of those items, ask them what to do? Their policies could vary.

If it is out of warranty, then your options are to repair or replace the card. Sending the card back to the manufacturer for repair could be more expensive than it's worth for some cards.

wow, so i just send them or ATI?

what company would you prefer mailpup?
sappire or visiontek? or any other ati brands?

Send it to Visiontek. They made the card. But remember to follow their procedures, whatever they are, and get the RMA in advance. Don't just mail it to them cold. Assuming the graphics card is defective, they will either fix it or give you a new one so there won't be any need to buy one in the near future.

That said, I really don't have a particular preference in brands. I have bought ATI Radeon graphics cards made by Asus, Sapphire and Powercolor as well as an ATI branded card. It kind of depends on the features of the card (there is some variation among brands even though the chipset is the same), price and bundled "extras," like games, software cables and the like. I've never bought a Visiontek card but I don't have anything against them so I might.

i found the problem.
its HP computers and their monitors.
HP i read other forums and they said HP has many problems after the warranty...so i guess imma have to buy a whole new pc :(
but ty for all the help mail pup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back