Driver Errors & Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I decided to come to TechSpot for help because people actually seem willing to help. I have a year-old HP Pavilion dv4000 laptop. It has an Intel Pentium M processor and 1.60 GHz with 504 MB RAM, that runs Windows Microsoft XP Professional Version 2002 with Service Pack 2 also installed. I seem to have the same problem as the original poster. My computer used to run amazingly. I have Norton Internet Security/Anti-Virus 2006. I installed Kensington Bluetooth recently and ever since then my computer has been crashing. I've never seen the screen that comes up though. However, I do receive the following messages - C:\DOCUME~\OWNER\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa2d6.dir00\Mini062306-01.dmp and C:\DOCUME~\OWNER\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa2d6.dir00\sysdata.xml. I believe these are STOP errors, but I am not for sure. I've repeatedly run my Norton scans, along with Ad-Aware and Windows Defender (which runs scans daily as does Norton) to no avail. I do not believe that my OS is running faulty. I had to reinstall it in February due to a virus. Again, the crashes only started after I installed the Bluetooth hardware. Any help would be great, thank you!

Read these instructions and zip up a few minidumps, attach them and we will analyze them for you. One thing I would suggest now would be to uninstall the bluetooth and see if the crashes stop.

My MiniDumps

Here are the MiniDumps as requested. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I truly appreciate it.

Hi, your crashes are all caused by btkrnl.sys. Try uninstalling the bluetooth stuff and reboot. If that doesn't work run the system file checker. Click start, run and type sfc.exe /scannow and hopefully it will findthe problem and ask you to put the Windows cd in the cd drive.

First, thank you for the help. Second, I was curious if by running that scan, and assuming it finds the error, that I would be able to keep my bluetooth installed. I do quite a bit of transferring between my computer and cell and would hate to have to reinstall the software each time I wanted to transfer files. However, if that is the only way, I suppose it must be done....

If the scan finds an error it will only be with a corrupt Windows file. It won't help with the bluetooth drivers. If it turns out that the bluetooth drivers are causing the problems then just uninstall and reinstall and that might fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back