TechSpot

Driver for a Seagate SATA HD

By Gibbon22
Aug 3, 2007
  1. Looking for the driver for my Seagate (st3200822as) 200GB SATA hard drive. I have an ECS KT600a motherboard and am trying to slipstream a winxp disk. All I can find on the seagate site is discwizard. Anyone know where I can find the proper driver to add through nlite?

2. mica3speedy

mica3speedy TS Rookie Posts: 205

shouldn't need a driver for the hard drive. Windows will automaically recognize it.

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,457   +228

The SATA/RAID controller drivers come from the motherboard manufacturer not the hard drive manufacturer. Check the ECS website for the drivers to slipstream.

4. Gibbon22

Gibbon22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. When I put the windows CD in, it says that there is no hard drive found. I have to use seagate disc wizard to start. But I can't figure out how to slipstream disc wizard, so I want to find just the driver.

5. mailpup

It would be easier to install the SATA/RAID drivers using a floppy drive and F6 during Windows installation. However, if you don't have a floppy drive, slipstreaming is the next best way.

As I stated earlier (I must have been invisible), go the motherboard manufacturer's website for the drivers you need. Go here.

6. Gibbon22

Gibbon22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

sorry Mailpup. You weren't invisible. I was just acting on your advice instead of replying. I did find a set of RAID/SATA drivers for the motherboard and I just finished downloading them. I have previously used a floppy with f6, but I am still having crashing problems that I think are related to RAID, and I currently don't have a floppy drive installed, so I am going to slipstream everything as a new way to try. The full explanation of my problem is here.

Edit: I have the drivers I need, but now I don't know which one to use. The ECS website packaged up VIAMRX64.inf in an AMD64 folder and VIAMRAID in an NT4 and an NT5 folder. I can guess not to use the AMD64, assuming that is for 64 bit, but what of the other two? I have winxp pro that I am trying to get going as a fresh install on a clean SATA drive.

7. mailpup

I looked up the ECS USA website and found what you need, I think. Click here. Look down to the second item that says, "VIA SATA RAID Controller Driver." Notice that it supports your OS.

8. JSIR

JSIR TS Rookie

Signed up because

I just signed up to thank everyone for participating in this discussion. Especially to mailpup as you have provided me with the solution to the same problem as Gibbon22. *life saver*;)

Thats all!
    THANK YOU

9. mailpup

Great! You're welcome. :)

10. carr13221

carr13221 TS Rookie

Looking for the same thing for the G33T-M2 mobo. The drivers I made from the cd don't work with F6.

11. br6205

br6205 TS Rookie

Hi the above driver appears to be what I need (GF7100PVT-M3 MAMA board. Here is a stupid question, how fo I physically download the driver and install it.

PS Thank you guys and gals for all your help.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.