Driver for a Seagate SATA HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbon22

Looking for the driver for my Seagate (st3200822as) 200GB SATA hard drive. I have an ECS KT600a motherboard and am trying to slipstream a winxp disk. All I can find on the seagate site is discwizard. Anyone know where I can find the proper driver to add through nlite?

The SATA/RAID controller drivers come from the motherboard manufacturer not the hard drive manufacturer. Check the ECS website for the drivers to slipstream.

mica3speedy said:
shouldn't need a driver for the hard drive. Windows will automaically recognize it.

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. When I put the windows CD in, it says that there is no hard drive found. I have to use seagate disc wizard to start. But I can't figure out how to slipstream disc wizard, so I want to find just the driver.

It would be easier to install the SATA/RAID drivers using a floppy drive and F6 during Windows installation. However, if you don't have a floppy drive, slipstreaming is the next best way.

As I stated earlier (I must have been invisible), go the motherboard manufacturer's website for the drivers you need. Go here.

sorry Mailpup. You weren't invisible. I was just acting on your advice instead of replying. I did find a set of RAID/SATA drivers for the motherboard and I just finished downloading them. I have previously used a floppy with f6, but I am still having crashing problems that I think are related to RAID, and I currently don't have a floppy drive installed, so I am going to slipstream everything as a new way to try. The full explanation of my problem is here.

Edit: I have the drivers I need, but now I don't know which one to use. The ECS website packaged up VIAMRX64.inf in an AMD64 folder and VIAMRAID in an NT4 and an NT5 folder. I can guess not to use the AMD64, assuming that is for 64 bit, but what of the other two? I have winxp pro that I am trying to get going as a fresh install on a clean SATA drive.

I looked up the ECS USA website and found what you need, I think. Click here. Look down to the second item that says, "VIA SATA RAID Controller Driver." Notice that it supports your OS.

Signed up because

I just signed up to thank everyone for participating in this discussion. Especially to mailpup as you have provided me with the solution to the same problem as Gibbon22. *life saver*;)

Thats all!
THANK YOU

Hi the above driver appears to be what I need (GF7100PVT-M3 MAMA board. Here is a stupid question, how fo I physically download the driver and install it.

PS Thank you guys and gals for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back