Driver for Samsung portable dvd writer SE-208DB

Have had this DVD writer ever since I bought an ASUS Netbook for using on the run. I recently bought an ASUS Notebook T100h to be a bit more flexible. It does not have a dvd writer/player so I thought that my portable Samsung drive would be ideal.
No such luck. I am running Windows 10 Home version and cannot find a driver for the Samsung dvd writer unless I buy one of the many driver check programs just to get this one driver.

Can anyone help please?

Mitch1945

I have USB sticks and an external hard drive but have never needed to install any drivers. These devices usually just work when plugged in as Windows recognises them and installs a default driver where needed. What happens when you plug it in?

Hi,

Do you have any virtual DVD drives installed, as these seems to mess up the drive detection sometimes.
Also try the drive on an other pc, see if it installs there.

Greets

I have USB sticks and an external hard drive but have never needed to install any drivers. These devices usually just work when plugged in as Windows recognises them and installs a default driver where needed. What happens when you plug it in?
Absolutely nothing!

Hi,

Do you have any virtual DVD drives installed, as these seems to mess up the drive detection sometimes.
Also try the drive on an other pc, see if it installs there.

Greets
Thanks. Cannot find a virtual DVD. Has worked in the past on other PCs

Have you any other USB deivices to plug in as a check in case there's an issue with the USB ports or controller?

Back