Driver Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a Geforce 3 Ti 500 video card and I have a question
I currently have it installed with a 5.2.1.6 Driver (don't know exact type, not that good with computers) and my friend told me the 43.03 Detonator driver is alot better for my video card and I should get it. (I've been having problems with my computer, during computer games I get a Windows Error saying Microsoft Windows detected and recovered from a device failure.
Please save your work and reboot to restore
full functionality. So I do, and it works fine. I can't figure out how to install a downgraded version of my Nvidia driver, since everytime I uninstall the one I have now from system, and restart, Windows locates my video card and reinstalls it instantly :p Any suggestions?

to install a downgraded version of the nvidia drivers, first go to their website and download the version u want. then uninstall the driver from the device manager, and then just open the driver file that u just downloaded.

To remove the driver also check in add/remove programs within control panel, some drivers install within there, i know Nvidia based drivers do, mine does, just remove the driver from there and it should remove all references to it, i've never had problems when it's done that way, removing from device manager does not always remove the driver fully, and thats why it re-installs on restart. then just download a earlier version of the required driver and install that, hopes this helps.

www.guru3d.com has everything for Nvidia. Even tools to completely remove the drivers and tweak them. Use the Detonator Destroyer to completely remove the Nvidia drivers so you can be guaranteed a clean installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back