TechSpot

Driver madness

By Azthioth
May 22, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I am losing my mind.

I have a HP Pavilion dv7. Win 7.
    I know my first mistake was buying a HP, but my switchable graphics card has gone haywire on me and I cannot get it straightened out.

I have the Intel HD and the AMD HD 6700M intergrated graphics

I noticed a few weeks ago that when I tried to switch graphics that the ccc was no longer finding any programs nor was it allowing me to find them and change them.

I then attempted to update the drivers and ended up with no ccc at all. I redownloaded the previous drivers but still find no ccc.

I did a search and found a dl to go on top of the original driver and everything was fine, but then the ccc was causing a BSOD.

I am now left with original drivers with no ccc or any way of configuring my graphics at all. Please help

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,855   +185

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper Down load this tool and run it in safe mode to remove all your old drivers. Then try installing your latest driver. Lets us know if this helps.

3. Azthioth

Azthioth TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have already tried this and the new drivers 14.1, I believe, does not function with this setup. I then cleaned it and reinstalled factory drivers and still got nothing.

4. Cobalt006

You may have to try a factory reinstall. Or your video adapter may have quit working. Hopefully someone here may come up with something.

5. Azthioth

Azthioth TS Rookie Topic Starter

A factory reinstall of the card or the whole computer?

6. Cobalt006

I meant windows.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.