Driver needed for the scan feature of hp officejet 4215xi.

By Blacksandedd
Feb 24, 2007
  1. I am trying to discover whether anyone has found a way to download a driver for the hp officejet 4215xi that activates the scan feature of this all-in-one printer. I have tried the driver from this site three or four times. I have used the hp online chat support twice. I have uninstalled the hp drivers, and reinstalled the drivers, but I still get a message that tells me "the scan feature is not installed". Any thoughts will be helpful, and sent to my email [] would be appreciated. Thanks! Edd
  2. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 444

3. Blacksandedd

Blacksandedd TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am using Windows XP home edition as my operating system. I assume the hp web site that you refer to is the one from which I have been downloading the driver for my hp officejet 4251xi all-in-one printer. I just haven't been able to get the scan feature to work after I have downloaded the driver. thanks for your response. Edd
  4. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 444

Have you tried installing a 3rd- party scanning software program? i don't know any names offhand, but this is what i used to have to do on my hp psc 2110 all in one. these hp's get weird when they go bad....
  5. Blacksandedd

Blacksandedd TS Rookie Topic Starter

That may be what I have to do. Actually, for $89.00 this one has been a pretty good color printer. The fax option seems to work fine. Thanks for the tip. Edd
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.