Driver not uninstalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i'm trying to re-install a Panwest Lebeca webcam. I tried to download the driver but the following message keeps appearing

"The driver has been detected in your machine.

would you like to uninstall the driver?"

So I clicked yes and tried to run the file again however this message keeps appearing, I then went to add/remove programs and found the driver, however when I try to remove it, that same message appears and the driver is still on the list!. I rebooted my system almost 4 times but nothing seems to be working.

=\

Is the device connected to ur system. If so, remove it and then uninstall the driver again. It should work.

is the driver the correct one for your OS?

check the manufactuer's website to see if there is a more recent and corrected driver.

Tedster said:
is the driver the correct one for your OS?

check the manufactuer's website to see if there is a more recent and corrected driver.

I'm on XP. It says its compatible, its worked before.

I'm not being able to download the driver as it says its already on the computer however when I try to remove it, it still appears in add/remove programs and I keep getting the same message (post 1)

=\

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Maybe this`ll work.

With your webcam plugged in, go to your device manager. Right click on your webcam and choose uninstall. Once done, reboot your computer and unplug the webcam. Redownload the drivers and install them. Only plug the webcam back in when either prompted to do so during the driver installation, or after the drivers have finished installing and after a reboot.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back