Driver Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
Im here with a problem my problem is that a couple of weeks ago my brother got my computer im on right now bad bugged so bad infact no anti virus could find the virus so i already had my files backed up so I wiped all my Hard Drives as soon as I rebooted it i remembered I forgot to back up my drivers now you may think this is no big deal but it is because i got this computer pre built from my work only problem is I have no idea what hardware it has and now without that information I can't reinstall drivers. All I know is that it has a nvidia Geforse 7600 GS GPU and some sort of Intel Chip Set. I need to know what audio driver i need and in device manager it says I have an Unknown PCI Device.

Btw I have quit the job where i got the comp so there is no way of getting the driver CD's Any help in trying to find what drivers I need will be great.

P.S I already installed the GPU driver

P.P.S I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum im new here

This little tool might help: SIW. Just google it and download. It is free and free of adware. When you run it it will have a list on the side and click on what component you'd like to check. It tells you the make of your motherboard including chipset, etc.

Then you'll know what motherboard you'll need and google the make and model of your board or go to its website.

It Worked and I Installed my chipset and other things still got two problems Audio and this thing in Device Manger that says Unknown PCI Device.
Any help with those two?

Is your audio integrated or is it a PCI card? If the latter your audio and unknown PCI card could be one and the same. And if it is a PCI card you probably can take it out and see if any writing is on it. if integrated then the chipset installs should have taken care of it.

Glad it is working out so far. I love SIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back